Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
nlsnnn

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Toyota Yaris 07 NCP90 Retrofit steering wheel with controls?

Hi

I am wondering if any one has any information or knows about retrofitting a "YRS or YRX" steering wheel with controls to my base "YR' Yaris?

I can get my hands on one, but I am just wondering what is required. I'm guessing the steering wheel (of course), and the clock spring.

Would this be relatively plug and play?

Cheers for any info
nlsnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
Yeah mate, you will need the wheel, airbag, and clockspring. The base HU has the plug in for the steering wheel controls. The plug is there in the harness. I haven't done it yet, I have looked into it as I want the same, I just haven't come across a wheel yet.
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
nlsnnn

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelise View Post
Yeah mate, you will need the wheel, airbag, and clockspring. The base HU has the plug in for the steering wheel controls. The plug is there in the harness. I haven't done it yet, I have looked into it as I want the same, I just haven't come across a wheel yet.
hey mate, thanks for that. When you say the plug is there in the harness, do you mean the harness behind the head unit? Or at the steering wheel?
nlsnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
Both ends, you will find it will be taped against the harness out of the way.
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote