Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
lowering rec's

I'm gonna lower with car with springs before Brick makes a comment, lol. What are the opinions on the various options; TRD, Tien, Tanube etc.. comments welcomed and appreciated

uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Go w/ TEIN springs. Many people have them...then again if your more for performance and want your car to be really low, go w/ Tanabe DFs.

I might go w/ Tanabe NFs just so I can say I have a tanabe exhaust concept G (coming soon) and Tanabe NF springs as a mate..
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
The Tein S Techs are actually lower than the DF's up front.

I say if you are keeping the tires you have on the car now then go DF's.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i went with the Tein S.Tech's because the spring rate for the rear is stiffer than the DF's.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I have the Tanabe NF and all four of the sides are the exact same distance from the ground to the middle of the wheel well making it level. just depends on your tastes. The NF spring give you a more stock ride without body roll and the DF's give you a lower drop with a stiffer spring. I am not for sure about the Tein springs, but I have the NF's on my sedan and it rides smooth with no rubbing what so ever on stock tires and wheels.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
I have the Tanabe NF and all four of the sides are the exact same distance from the ground to the middle of the wheel well making it level. just depends on your tastes. The NF spring give you a more stock ride without body roll and the DF's give you a lower drop with a stiffer spring. I am not for sure about the Tein springs, but I have the NF's on my sedan and it rides smooth with no rubbing what so ever on stock tires and wheels.
Did you keep your stock struts? I plan to do the NFs for now too but have read that increased spring rate means my shock/strut will wear out quicker.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
The Tanabe and the TRD springs are suppose to work with the stock struts and not to change the suspension geometry or so they claim. All I know is I havent had to get an alignment since I lowered it. It drives straight and true even when I put new tires on the stock wheels I didnt need an alignment. Ya I kept the stocks, but they probably will never go back on for the time I own it. Even the dealer check my shocks and stuff when they rotated my tires and didnt say anything about the springs. Maybe they think they are TRD and dont care
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
I'm gonna lower with car with springs before Brick makes a comment, lol. What are the opinions on the various options; TRD, Tien, Tanube etc.. comments welcomed and appreciated

yo uncle... id say it depends on ur pref. u saw my trd lowering spring on the last meet its sits pretty good but if u ask me i should have got it more lowered.. i think u can drop it more than 2 inches as long as ur keeping the stock wheel on it. kinna like tereyumi's..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
uncleyaris

thanks boyz!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
ya_RS

Drives: 07 RS
--Lots of heavy rocks ...

--Pick up a few fat chicks ...

--Scarborough style lower by cutting the springs ( theres a lot down here )

LOL....

I think you should lower according to what your use for the car is gonna be... get the best springs for the job not the look ... thats my advice

or any of the 3 up top
Old 07-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
uncleyaris

Thanks!!