Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2016, 05:48 AM   #1
vanillaframe
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris Hybrid 2012
Yaris automatic - the gas pedal did not react while driving

Hello,
I hope that will be the person who could help in this topic.

Yesterday I bought a used Toyota Yaris Hybrid (automatic gearbox, 2012, 1.5, driven 38 000km). When buying I drove the 20km and nothing abnormal has not occurred. After the purchase I had to return him to my city 300km. When driving on the highway was one moment where I wanted to overtake, I slid into the left lane and harder pressed the gas pedal and suddenly I felt that he was losing power and slowing down. I let go of the pedal and push again - and he was completely unresponsive. I had to take the emergency lane, turn off the car and start it again and next I drove it to the end without any problem. But I'm worried about the incident on the road.

I have a monthly guarantee on the garbox, so I wonder if it's the beginning of the big problems with the gearbox and I should rather return the car, or simply "automatic cars" have such situations sometimes ?!

Please help :(
vanillaframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I don't have any experience with the Hybrid models. So my thoughts may not be 100%

That does not sound normal.

If you have a Check Engine Indicator is it ON? Indicating a problem.
If it is On you maybe able to find a code reader and see the error codes..
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote