Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Obama is the 44th US president

WOooooooot !!!

CNN just announce the news that Obama is the new US president

Last edited by Ryu; 11-05-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Old 11-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
johnnypaseo

Drives: Toyota paseo
i have the flux capacitor ready just incase
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
YESSIR!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #5
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
:thum bup:: thumbup::t humbsup::t humbsup::t humbsup::w 00t::hea dbang:
Old 11-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Nice to see what could be a great day in America.......I think he will make a good President.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
THANK GOD WOOOOOOOT GO OBAMA!!!!! WE DID IT !!!!!!

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #8
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
Congratz!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
WOooooooot !!!

CNN just announce the news that Obama is the new US president
Can't help but feel sorry for the man too.....

He is in one of the toughest economic periods of US history. We're on the brink of a recession. Inflation is almost guaranteed because of continuous Fed liquidity increases since 2001, and huge increases this fall.

Obama has committed the US to implementing the Kyoto treaty. He promises to be 'tougher' than anyone else. At the very same time he is promising to end Outsourcing of manufacturing jobs to areas of the world which are not under Kyoto restrictions. Businesses instead will go bankrupt or find loopholes to permit outsourcing.

Obama has promised a middle class tax cut. He has promised to fully fund an aggressive expansion of AmeriCorps. He will do these things during a recession and inflation?

While initially campaigning as a "peace candidate" Obama has since committed to increasing troop deployments in Afghanistan. He has also promised to aid Israel if it is attacked. Where he will find the money for these things I do not know.

I call Obama Jimmy Carter with a tan. That may sound mean but it's not far from the truth. I expect him to serve for one term, and to end up defeated and disillusioned like Mr. Carter.

Enjoy your celebrations. Me, I voted for Bob Barr and did not have a dog in this hunt. Still, it's gonna be an exciting two years until the 2010 elections.

Gene
Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Enjoy your celebrations. Me, I voted for Bob Barr and did not have a dog in this hunt. Still, it's gonna be an exciting two years until the 2010 elections.
Gene
Edited by shroomster: because even typing 'I wasn't being sarcastic', what i typed was still kinda rough and I apologize to Gene.

Last edited by Shroomster; 11-05-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
I can't wait for tomorrow. This is really something O_O
Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
THIS IS SOMETHING... YOU ARE RIGHT RAIN... THIS IS LIKE OH MY GOD.... hes our president... we put him there, we made this happen.. we caused change... Hes the president of OUR country.. yes we can

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:04 AM   #13
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
Quote:

He is in one of the toughest economic periods of US history. We're on the brink of a recession. Inflation is almost guaranteed because of continuous Fed liquidity increases since 2001, and huge increases this fall.

Obama has committed the US to implementing the Kyoto treaty. He promises to be 'tougher' than anyone else. At the very same time he is promising to end Outsourcing of manufacturing jobs to areas of the world which are not under Kyoto restrictions. Businesses instead will go bankrupt or find loopholes to permit outsourcing.

Obama has promised a middle class tax cut. He has promised to fully fund an aggressive expansion of AmeriCorps. He will do these things during a recession and inflation?

While initially campaigning as a "peace candidate" Obama has since committed to increasing troop deployments in Afghanistan. He has also promised to aid Israel if it is attacked. Where he will find the money for these things I do not know.

I call Obama Jimmy Carter with a tan. That may sound mean but it's not far from the truth. I expect him to serve for one term, and to end up defeated and disillusioned like Mr. Carter.

Gene
as usual, well put Gene, continue to keep your chin up

I can see the LP coming out stronger after a botched liberal controlled government. After carter dropped the ball Reagan picked it up proclaimed "government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem" a theory many of us still hold dear. Perhaps the gov't getting bigger, then not delivering on the promise of hope/change quite the way the Obama supporters have hoped for, then getting knocked down a few rungs will get more people to discover this.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #14
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MPGDream View Post
as usual, well put Gene, continue to keep your chin up

I can see the LP coming out stronger after a botched liberal controlled government. After carter dropped the ball Reagan picked it up proclaimed "government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem" a theory many of us still hold dear. Perhaps the gov't getting bigger, then not delivering on the promise of hope/change quite the way the Obama supporters have hoped for, then getting knocked down a few rungs will get more people to discover this.
and how long has this belief been holding it's chin up for? 20,30,40 years now?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #15
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I'm serious, I like to look at the ignorant side of the U.s voter who decides to waste their vote and not vote for either of the two "domineering" parties....
I also voted for Barr, I knew very well that my vote didn't matter, not because I was voting 3rd party, but because I live in Illinois, Obama's home state that has a long history of voting dem (thanks Chicago)

if you determine that I wasted my vote because I felt the candidate that I supported was the best fit to pass my beliefs as to how the country should be run, I ask you why? just because I know my guy isn't going to win this election I should just stay home? or should I join the crowd and vote for who I think will win? maybe I should pick the lesser of two evils? perhaps the better looking candidate should get my vote?

the only vote that was thrown away is the ballot that was not cast

something tells me that "the ignorant side of the U.s voter" did what they did for a reason, not just a hollow campaign promise and a good marketing scheme.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 AM   #16
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
Quote:

Gene
Oscar Wilde decribed a cynic as 'A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing'.

Can't help but feel sorry for this man(gene)...
Old 11-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #17
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya1221 View Post
Oscar Wilde decribed a cynic as 'A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing'.

Can't help but feel sorry for this man(gene)...
Cynicism is what happens after despair is over. I'm more amused than despairing. I've just watched a presumably decent man making promises he can't keep to people who don't understand the situation get a job he's not quite ready to do.

I've been through this shit before, in 1976. I remember how Jimmy Earl, all folksy like, was going to "heal America". In 1975 it was "Jimmy who?" and by 1985 it was "Jimmy who?"

By the time Carter was out of office we had twenty percent plus interest rates, a roller coaster stock market, gasoline lines (which are clearly a manifestation of price controls), and a paranoid Right that was on the verge of a Sagebrush rebellion over Carter's use of the ATF to strictly enforce paperwork violations under the GCA of 1968.

We also had Soviet supported rebellions in Africa and latin America and a full blown invasion in Afghanistan (which we started under Carter).

We didn't have Kyoto nor the Department of Homeland Security to contend with, nor the kind of intrusive data mining technology we got today.

Enjoy the circus, Malaya. Your man ain't ready for this shit and even if he is, you ain't. You'll realize it the first time you're in a gasoline line.

Gene
Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #18
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
and how long has this belief been holding it's chin up for? 20,30,40 years now?
How many years passed between "Das Kapital" and the establishment of the USSR? Sometimes an idea arrives before its time.

Gene
Closed Thread