Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Seriously rear view cameras do anything for safety? I mean shouldnt you look behind you and proceed cautiously?
I got mine one (not installed yet), because I just don't see how much space is left around the bumper, and jumping out several times while parking is a pain in the a§§ ;)
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #20
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Does it also minimize the lag when you let off the throttle? Do the revs drop off quickly? I might go for one if it did that.

Greg
Ya know, I haven't paid attention to that part. I might be able to figure out how to measure it, though...
Old 01-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #21
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
My throttle controller really minimized the lag to the point that it's basically imperceptible... Plus I get to increase said lag to help with fuel economy when the tank's almost empty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying out new things... But is it really better not to have the option to adjust throttle response based on different conditions?
I second how throttle controller, really minimizes throttle lag, its near instantaneous, and the option to make it MORE laggy for mpg concerns is good too.

However, not to knock throttle controllers, my NTD one developed "Limp mode" issues, and throwing CEL for like throttle position voltage too low or something along those lines, meaning the car, just says, "throttle is giving weird signals, better just disregard what its tell the engine to do" Least limp is much safer than uncontrolled acceleration.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #22
tk-421
Super Moderator

You should check that the power cables aren't shorting out on you. I had to resolder mine a few weeks ago. Hopefully that will fix your issue.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 AM   #23
ezhacker1

Does that mean open up the control box? Ill take a look at all solder points when i put it back in the car tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #24
tk-421
Super Moderator

Nope, I'm talking about the power cables that get connected to the OBD port. I was getting limp mode every time I pressed the clutch pedal and it turned out that the power cable got tangled up a bit.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Does it also minimize the lag when you let off the throttle? Do the revs drop off quickly? I might go for one if it did that.
That's what a lightweight flywheel does. And a pulley, too.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #26
ezhacker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Nope, I'm talking about the power cables that get connected to the OBD port. I was getting limp mode every time I pressed the clutch pedal and it turned out that the power cable got tangled up a bit.
That explains the clicking sounds (same sound the box makes when changing modes) when I gently tug on the cables. Thank for the tech tip

Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #27
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Just mat it when the light turns green
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body, cable, electronic, thottle