Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Runstop Rear Disc Salvageable?

Need all the info you guys can give me.

Purchased these for really cheap, and I now know why.. These are completely rusted. So bad I am not sure I will be able to reuse most of it, but I will try.

Here is what I am working with. As of right now, I know I am going to need new pads and probably the shims that fit in with the pads. I will take them out and get some measurements if anyone knows another Toyota corresponding part number from another vehicle for these, that would be great..

Also, I feel that the calipers may be seized... possible rebuild kit is in order also..

Going to try and contact Runstop also.. if anyone has any connections with them, that would be awesome too..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160520_180311.jpg (271.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #2
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
I came across a site where you can enter the dimension of the brake pads and it will tell you what they fit. I'm not sure how well it works, but it should be able to give a great starting point. Brake pad search.

Possible rear pads: They look like they came off a rear WRX 2.0 with brembos

Edit: Those calipers look alot like lotus or wrx calipers. Brembo 2 pot I would put money on it after doing some more digging.
Project so far: 2zrfe swap, Megan racing coilovers, TRD rear sway bar, whiteline bushings, RPM long tube header, midpipe, and DC sports xD exhaust, brake upgrade in front, MI stainless braided lines all around, matte paintjob, Takada cold air intake, various gauges, rear seat and belts removed.
Future: Turbo.

Last edited by brushforhire; 05-26-2016 at 05:13 PM.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
If you have access to a sand blaster I'd start there.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Smarts.. Thanks for the links and advice. Will look into this more later on.