Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
bdc87
HISTORY REPEATED 11/04/08

Drives: 07' MM Vitz LB
Send a message via AIM to bdc87
Need Opinions on Package Options

Hey there, I'm new to these wonderful fourms and I think a good first topic for me would be about the purchase of "my" Yaris. I go to the dealer this Wednesday and I need some opinions on which options are good, bad, or "needs".

What I have decided on are as follows' 07 Yaris LB. I like the MM, BBM, and PW color options. I'm debating, but leaning towards the Auto trans, this will be my daily driver and to me the Yaris is a very good fuel saving econ-box, not a sport compact it is lightweight so it's better on the track then on the straightaway and I plan on improving it's suspension and I'll never be putting a turbo on it.

The options I'm considering are the Power Package, ABS, Keyless Entry, and Fog lamps. The truth is I could probably go without those but I'm so acustomed to having them. What is everyones experience with these packages? Quality? Whats the importance of ABS? I've never driven a car that was not equipped with it.

Price always plays a factor in what I get I'm aiming for 14K or less. I have a quote from a loacal dealer for a LB Auto with the PP for $13500. So from there I could add the KE and FL and be under my target.

As you can see I need some help and decinding what I should go for or pass on and I look foward to your opinions.
bdc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I would suggest choosing from what the dealers have on the lots.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
if you need Power Package, ABS, Keyless Entry, and Fog lamps, pick the RS version of the Yaris if its available at your location...
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
That sounds like a decent price for an auto transmission with the Power Package. I paid $12700 without the PP.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
bdc87

Rs not at my location. Dealer says he can get what I want in about a day if they don't have it there. They do have a MM Auto LB with PP on the lot which I might consider if I don't want to wait the day.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc87 View Post
Rs not at my location. Dealer says he can get what I want in about a day if they don't have it there. They do have a MM Auto LB with PP on the lot which I might consider if I don't want to wait the day.
if waiting a day can get you all the wants you want including color, then its worth the wait... its only 1 day... thinik of how many years you will be with the car... its better to wait one day than to second guess yoruself weather you made the right decision
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
I bought mine 4 months ago....LB, PP, and auto....and I'm very happy. Back then the dealer said the ABS and Side curtains were major holdups if you wanted quick delivery.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
wait for the 08's!!!!!!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
bdc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
wait for the 08's!!!!!!!
Can't wait, moving across country soon. Have SUV, BAD MPG. I'll save $400 on gas alone during the move.