Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Passenger Car Mat

I'm looking for (1) 2012 Yaris Passenger car mat brand new(not the rubber mat). If anyone knows where I can buy for $20.xx please send me the direction. I spoke to my Toyota dealer and they can only sell in a set of (4).
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #2
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
I just spent $180 for mine when I bought my new 5 door LE and you want one for $20?
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
YodaBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
I just spent $180 for mine when I bought my new 5 door LE and you want one for $20?
Yes, because I lost one.

You had spent $180 for the four mats when you bought the car, yikes !
Old 04-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
good luck.

wait till there are crashed 3rd gen, then you prob could find one for cheap at the scrapyard.

edit: nevermind, you want brand new.. I wish you luck.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
My mats came with the car...Yeah, they're an expensive option (rip-off) in my humble opinion. I got a full set of WeatherTech's - been thinking of selling my original set on eBay. They're in a box in the basement now, along with 2 of the 4 headrests.
There are sets on eBay now for 83, 94, 99...78 dollars including the shipping. You have to look around - you MAY find a single one, but all I've seen are the sets, new & used. I know the 3rd gen. front mats say 'Yaris' on them. There are sneaky descriptions with OEM in the title, and 14.99 for a set.

I should have asked my sales guy if he would keep the mats when I bought the car and knock another 100 bucks off the price of the car...
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
YodaBird

Yougojay - I'll just have to search for one, hopefully I find.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Yes, they are an overpriced option, but I didn't feel like arguing to remove them.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
YodaBird

All because I forgot it, #$%#$ when I took it out of the car.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #9
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaBird View Post
Yougojay - I'll just have to search for one, hopefully I find.
yes, keep looking - you never know what you'll find, especially on eBay -
Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
after continually cleaning all the crud....dirt, salt, mud, snow.....too many times this winter, I am calling weather tech tomorrow and getting the front digital fit liners. it will be worth it. they say its only for auto yaris, but I see no difference in the floor well and no way they could interfere with the clutch being pushed in.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #11
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
Yes, they are an overpriced option, but I didn't feel like arguing to remove them.
I didn't think of it until today, If I had a year ago, I would have asked...but not argued, of course. They are one of those options they always order for cars for their lots. I'll put them on eBay for 89.95 FREE SHIPPING...may take awhile, may not. We'll see...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
YodaBird

Thanks for the encouragement everyone :)
Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
after continually cleaning all the crud....dirt, salt, mud, snow.....too many times this winter, I am calling weather tech tomorrow and getting the front digital fit liners. it will be worth it. they say its only for auto yaris, but I see no difference in the floor well and no way they could interfere with the clutch being pushed in.
After you get and install them, please post how they fit .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #14
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
YES, I agree - they fit completely FLUSH to the ground...I haven't seen my carpeting in almost a year! I agree completely they would fit a manual, why in the heck would Toyota change the configuration of the shift console / floor well between the transmissions. No way, would just add cost to the car.
You will love the WeatherTech mats, sure they're a bit expensive but they serve their purpose WELL. Search for them here, I've already uploaded pics.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
roxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
YES, I agree - they fit completely FLUSH to the ground...I haven't seen my carpeting in almost a year! I agree completely they would fit a manual, why in the heck would Toyota change the configuration of the shift console / floor well between the transmissions. No way, would just add cost to the car.
You will love the WeatherTech mats, sure they're a bit expensive but they serve their purpose WELL. Search for them here, I've already uploaded pics.
I ordered them this morning on the phone (to get AAA discount). first the woman told me "we don't recommend these for the manual because the clutch may get stuck." I suppose that is just liability CYA talk, especially when talking floor mats and Toyota. when I said I would order them anyway she stated they weren't going to fit properly on the floor. as far as I can tell the floor wells are identical in the auto and manual. if they fit as close to the floor as they appear, I cant see the clutch being an issue.

I checked some corolla forums where the digital fit say only for auto, and manual buyers had no issue. will take pics when I get them.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
I ordered them this morning on the phone (to get AAA discount). first the woman told me "we don't recommend these for the manual because the clutch may get stuck." I suppose that is just liability CYA talk, especially when talking floor mats and Toyota. when I said I would order them anyway she stated they weren't going to fit properly on the floor. as far as I can tell the floor wells are identical in the auto and manual. if they fit as close to the floor as they appear, I cant see the clutch being an issue.

I checked some corolla forums where the digital fit say only for auto, and manual buyers had no issue. will take pics when I get them.
I actually remembered to LOOK when I went up to the store this morning, it looks fine. Will go snap a photo now and up-load it in a little while

OK, Here ya go - Please pardon the dust-like debris on the mat and the dirt on the brake pedal, I am truly ashamed

Last edited by yougojay; 04-13-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
After you get and install them, please post how they fit .
Yes, Post a photo!
Looks like a clutch pedal should miss the edge of the mat. I hope it's GOOD to go as these are a nice addition to any vehicle. Considering a set of OEM floor mats (4) are another 200 bucks tacked on to the sticker price - I'd much rather have these.
Especially for drivers with nasty winters, these seem like a winner.
Back when my dad had his Chevy dealership, I had demo Camaros for quite awhile. They were always ordered with vinyl floor mat sets. I would put plastic over the floor and cut & cover that with some old carpeting I'd find wherever...
It kept the carpet perfect for the person who would eventually buy the car.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
roxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Yes, Post a photo!
Looks like a clutch pedal should miss the edge of the mat. I hope it's GOOD to go as these are a nice addition to any vehicle. Considering a set of OEM floor mats (4) are another 200 bucks tacked on to the sticker price - I'd much rather have these.
Especially for drivers with nasty winters, these seem like a winner.
Back when my dad had his Chevy dealership, I had demo Camaros for quite awhile. They were always ordered with vinyl floor mat sets. I would put plastic over the floor and cut & cover that with some old carpeting I'd find wherever...
It kept the carpet perfect for the person who would eventually buy the car.
thanks for the close up pic. unless the bottom of the clutch pedal hits exactly at the top edge of the liner, it should be no issue....unless the dead pedal area is a different size in the manual. I cant see Toyota doing that on a car they were trying to build as inexpensively as possible.