Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
Annoying bushing sounds

I've had this problem for quite a while, and I haven't been able to figure it out. I replaced three out of four of the mounts for the automatic yaris, and the one that is shaped like an L is that one I didn't replace. I may end up putting windshield urethane on the side.

It's noticeable many times when shifting to d and standing still in d. You would hear annoying squeaks and clunks. I checked the control arms, sway bar links, struts etc, nothing I can notice. I was thinking of using my grease needle to grease up everything, but I dont know if it will do good. I was also told to spray engine sealer on the bushings to make them softer. So far I have spend around $200 in mounts and sprayed alot of grease everywhere with no luck.

Sometimes though I hear sounds seemingly coming from the heat shields. Where my exhaust manifold was, I had a loose heat-shield. Bolts at the bottom were completely rotten, but I solved it by tying rebar wire to the pipe in the middle to hold it firms. I'm thinking the sound can be from a exhaust hanger. The heatshield are all in place. The ones that fell off, I've fixed.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car, engine, sealer, squeak