Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: what dou have for lunch @ work?
I bring food from home 16 28.07%
I eat out 12 21.05%
both 29 50.88%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #37
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
Im usually too busy to stop for lunch, so whenever I stop real quick between appointments to grab a new pack of cigarettes, I just grab a premade sandwich for like 2.99
yup...i do the same...plus a can of coffee...
msfire671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #38
BDD

Drives: Poor with a nice bicycle.
I've stockpiled a shelf on my desk with many packs of Maruchan Ramen and Seaweed... lunch has cost me 20 cents a day compared to $7 at our cafeteria (where I was fooled for over a year). I feel as if I'm getting a paid lunch by doing this!
BDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #39
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
99% of the time, I bring lunch from home.

First, it is healthier. Our cafeteria food is horrible, and even the Chinese food they sell there will give you the shits if you eat it too often (don't ask me how I know!).

Secondly, it is cheaper. The $50/week estimate is not far off. Even in our crappy cafeteria, I would spend close to $10 for lunch and a drink.

Lastly, I can skip my "lunch break" by eating while I am working, thus I get to go home an hour earlier. It was the standard set by the folks on my contract before I signed on, and several of us continue it to this day despite being on a different contract. I would rather eat and work and get the day done quicker. When school is in, it allows me to get home in time to pick the kids up.

On the odd occasion I will go out to eat, but it only happens when it is someone's going-away luncheon or some other special event. Even on the rare days that I forget my lunch, I will still only run to the cafeteria to bring something back to my desk.

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote