Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Pre-Hack Repost: DIY Eaton Supercharger, Why Not?

So this is funny, Of course everything of mine got deleted from the hack so i am bringing it up again, but wondering more about it. I've never cared to look at how superchargers worked, but i knew the basics. I have some questions on certain issues as well...

So, a user by the name of BoogieQ did a DIY supercharger kit over on ScionLife using an Eaton M62 supercharger(2.5-3.0L Recommendation) Not near our range of 1.5, but he did it, it worked, why not. The exception is with how much power was robbed from the crank to get it to spin enough to make power....

Question in fact is, is the Blitz supercharger using the Eaton M62 or something similar to the size of it, is why the users are getting such minimilistic gains....

Now, here comes into play the Eaton M45(1.5L-2.0L from the mini cooper or Merc Komp, quite tiny as you can see(picture below) The mini with a 1.6L engine can make an upwards of 230hp with a smaller pulley upgrade as i've read. that is only .1l more, so we should not be far behind their gains(with the reasoning that every engine is made differently).

I have seen most superchargers bolt right up to the intake manifold itself, but it does not need to in a sense..all you would need to do is create an outlet from the supercharger that goes into the stock intake manifold, and just reroute some piping while keeping the stock design.

The extremeties of doing this are just piping and brackets to hold the superchargers weight, and of course belts and jargon... nothing at all really...What is stopping people from doing this? Show me some interest peoples!

Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote