Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
doctorlove27

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Did stereo upgrade and lost dash lights, help!!

Okay, I upgraded my cd player with the help of a few adapter kits that worked well. I ran all the amp wiring and the stereo, amp and subs sound great.. the problem is I lost my interior dash lights in the process. If driving at night I can't see my spedometer at all. Or my heater controls. There were three plugs in the back of the stock cdplayer, the kit I had only had wiring for two of the plugs so I just pushed the third one away not thinking about it. Could it have something to do with that third plug? I'm completely at a loss. The only thing I haven't tried yet is checking the fuses in the fuse panel to see if I maybe blew one. I'll check that tomorrow when it's light out. Any other suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2007 Yaris sedan.
doctorlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
check the fuses like you said.

Just making sure... you didn't accidentally hit the "dash light brightness" dial on the left of the steering wheel did you?
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
doctorlove27

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
haha no I didn't hit the dash brightness dial.. I did burn out a fuse.. turns out if you hook up the "dimmer" wire for the dimming feature of the stock stereo to a stereo that doesn't offer the dimming feature it blows fuses.. so a quick disconnect of that wire and fuse replacement and I'm on my way again..
doctorlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, interior, lights, stereo