Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
djhuddy2442

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris hatchback
SUPER CHARGER VS SUPERCHARGER

ok so i want to know what would be better for my car the blitz or the rotrex i dont know which one i want more i wish i could do both haha i need someone's thought on this and what else i would need with it im new to modding im used to doing motorcycles and cosmetics
djhuddy2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I don't think you will hear anything negative from any of us Blitz owners, but check out this thread for some mixed emotions on the Rotrex:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26017
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Blitz is kinda popular because it is cheap.. once in a while you can buy one used for around 1500-2000 usd which already includes the fuel controller (management). So you can install one by yourself and you do no risk killing your engine while tuning your AEM FIC (in case of something like zage) )) Rotrex is more expensive hence less popular.

There is also Greddy out there
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Blitz is kinda popular because it is cheap.. once in a while you can buy one used for around 1500-2000 usd which already includes the fuel controller (management). So you can install one by yourself and you do no risk killing your engine while tuning your AEM FIC (in case of something like zage) )) Rotrex is more expensive hence less popular.

There is also Greddy out there
Do they all cap off the boost at 6 psi? or are some higher than others?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
I thought the rotex went higher than 6psi... Or it just has less parasitics thus the higher power level.

Rotex was claiming 145whp. I have heard the blitz is in the 115-120whp range.

I don't know what type of management the rotex comes with though.

***some people's blitz(ed) cars have more power but they have other add ons like intake, exhaust, ...etc and so on. Some have even put a fixed pulley to increase PSI but had to go with AEM FIC to control it***
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
djhuddy2442

see i want the fixed pulley with the short shift i already have a weapon r intake and high flow cats so im good on the exhaust and what nots i think im gonna stick with the blitz after most of these posts thank you guys for the help now i need to figure out how to do it haha
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
I'd say hang out for a while. There were 3 for sale in the last month or so. 2 were $1800 and one was at $1600.

Be ready with cash in hand (or via paypal) and wait it out. I was going to go that route and bought a house instead.

Short shifters are relatively cheap. There are two available and you can actually put both on your vehicle (one at the shifter and one at the trans). I actually have both on my car and it is very nice.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think if you have done the other performance stuff to your car, you will need different management for the blitz... not 100% on that one. CTscott would be a good one to ask about that one.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
djhuddy2442

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I'd say hang out for a while. There were 3 for sale in the last month or so. 2 were $1800 and one was at $1600.

Be ready with cash in hand (or via paypal) and wait it out. I was going to go that route and bought a house instead.

Short shifters are relatively cheap. There are two available and you can actually put both on your vehicle (one at the shifter and one at the trans). I actually have both on my car and it is very nice.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think if you have done the other performance stuff to your car, you will need different management for the blitz... not 100% on that one. CTscott would be a good one to ask about that one.
ok good stuff ill be in touch with him to find out what i can get soon im super excited i have about $5k sitting around with nothing to do right now with it
Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I love my Blitz. The Rotrex looked like it would be a lot more difficult to install and I don't know that anyone has even tried one yet.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post

That is correct. The Blitz fuel controller that comes with the kit is only designed to work with a bone stock Yaris. If you have an intake or other performance mods you will run lean. Some have had success with only upgrading the injectors to the ones for the 1ZZ engine, but some form of piggyback management makes it easier to keep your AFRs in the safe range.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
djhuddy2442

ok so i really am going to sound like a noob but what are the guages i will need to have the blitz on the yaris i have an 08 HB no tach and mines also a standard shift will that make a difference cuase i have seen a couple youtube vids of a yaris s/c but they are automatics
Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhuddy2442 View Post
ok so i really am going to sound like a noob but what are the guages i will need to have the blitz on the yaris i have an 08 HB no tach and mines also a standard shift will that make a difference cuase i have seen a couple youtube vids of a yaris s/c but they are automatics
The most important one is an AFR (air to fuel ratio) meter. That allows you to determine if you are running lean, which can lead to catastrophic failure of the engine.

I would think a tach would be pretty handy with your car being a MT.

A boost gauge is important for a turbo application, but is really an optional one with a blitz SC, as the blitz is very predictable with its boost output.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
djhuddy2442

ok so no matter what i need the air to fuel ratio meter and prob a tach i shift by sound now
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That is correct. The Blitz fuel controller that comes with the kit is only designed to work with a bone stock Yaris. If you have an intake or other performance mods you will run lean. Some have had success with only upgrading the injectors to the ones for the 1ZZ engine, but some form of piggyback management makes it easier to keep your AFRs in the safe range.
Crap, and here I was about to install a CAI this weekend. Looks like I'm off to find some 1ZZ injectors...
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
^ Yes the 1ZZ injectors are highly advised if you run a CAI with the Blitz Supercharger. You can even push out a few more HP if you run an AEM F/IC instead of using the supplied Blitz controller.
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supercharger, yaris