Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
letstry1234

Drives: 2008 Yaris liftback Red
so can you turbo the yaris without check engine lights?

OK. I have a Audi TT, I have done a fair amount of mods to it, I understand the hardware side of it. but without a ecu hack (which doesn't exist ,right) how do you get by the ecu? I don't seem to have a grasp on it thanks for explaining
letstry1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
seth_man

Drives: 08 Liftback
Without tuning, you would need to get the injector size and fuel pressure absolutely perfect for the boost you plan to run. it would take some math and most likely some trial and error before you got it right but yeah it could be done.
seth_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
it also helps that the base tuning actually runs quite rich at WOT...

Garm (cali yaris) has been having a lot of difficulties getting a piggyback to work so has been running his 183hp turbo'd yaris on the stock ECU for several months now. Of course, he's not driving balls to the wall all the time, but the stock tune seems adequate so far!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
letstry1234

Drives: 2008 Yaris liftback Red
so what injectors are people using? and fuel pressure regulator?
letstry1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"People" aren't doing anything. Yet. I think there are three or four of us only that have tried turbo-ing in this country so far. Me, Cdjyded, Richard Holdener and one other. No one has successfully and completely tuned the project and run it on the street with no issues yet.

to answer your question (doing some searches on here would probably benefit you), I'm running tC injectors and not FPR, the fuel pressure seems to be just fine up to 8psi.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
to answer your question (doing some searches on here would probably benefit you), I'm running tC injectors and not FPR, the fuel pressure seems to be just fine up to 8psi.
same setup i have at 10psi, no fuel pressure issues (not that you could correct it anyway, without re-plumbing the fuel system)

i live with the CEL on a daily basis...
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
kou

Drives: 08 lb
what is the cel that you are getting and what year tc injectors(not sure if they are all the same)thanks.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

tC injectors havent changed. The CEL I get is 0172, which is interesting because that is too rich!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
kou

Quote:
tC injectors havent changed. The CEL I get is 0172, which is interesting because that is too rich!
thanks.did you ever run the car on stock injectors.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

nope, haven't tried that!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
kou

the only reason i ask is i am planning on getting the zage turbo kit,once the RH intake manifold comes out and thinking an extra injector may be best to turn on when needed instead of having the bigger injectors on all the time.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
saplaymate

Drives: 08' HB
Quote:
"People" aren't doing anything. Yet. No one has successfully and completely tuned the project and run it on the street with no issues yet.
[B]! ! ! I MUST DISAGREE ! ! !

I have been racing around FULLY TUNED , for 30K miles now.

10psi , 2zz Lotus injectors (330cc) , rest of the fuel system stock !

ZERO ISSUES anywhere in the power band. [/B]
Old 01-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
the only reason i ask is i am planning on getting the zage turbo kit,once the RH intake manifold comes out and thinking an extra injector may be best to turn on when needed instead of having the bigger injectors on all the time.
i don't think you understand how injectors work.. and considering you can get tC injectors for free generally, it's a win/win
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #14
kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i don't think you understand how injectors work.. and considering you can get tC injectors for free generally, it's a win/win
whats to understand an injector turns on and off if you have a bigger one it releases more fuel.so a free cold start injector from an older VW would probaly work better to turn on when needed than four bigger injectors running all the time.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
whats to understand an injector turns on and off if you have a bigger one it releases more fuel.so a free cold start injector from an older VW would probaly work better to turn on when needed than four bigger injectors running all the time.
larger injectors open for less time... it's called duty cycle.. you can run 550cc injectors as long as your pulse width is short enough
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I MUST DISAGREE ! ! !
Did you get the "in this country" part?? -- which I still believe is true. sheesh.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
How many cc's are the stock injectors and the TC injectors?
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
How many cc's are the stock injectors and the TC injectors?
tc injectors are 360-370 iirc..

stock is like 210? i forget lol
you nailed it sir.