Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
JCS_IMPORT_25

Drives: red vitz
Thumbs up WHAT IS THE BEST DEAL?

Im looking to install several mods to the yaris. Im looking for a good priced, but not skimping on the power, turbo kit. I also want a nice looking wide body kit. Coilovers, cool air intake, engine dress up kit, headlights/taillights, spoiler, carbon fiber hood. Can you guys help me out? I know there are some sick mods and some really cheep.
JCS_IMPORT_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Well you can start of with going to microimageonline.com, you can get some of that stuff from there, also you can PM cali yaris better known as Garm the owner of MI he can give you some tips, check it out and register my dude and when it asks you who refered you put down big lo, good luck my dude.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Figure out what you can spend....then take half and throw it down the toilet. You still have the other half and you will be ahead.

Its an economy car. It can only do so much. Sell it and get a Charger, Mustang, or Camaro if you want a hot rod.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
big lo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
Figure out what you can spend....then take half and throw it down the toilet. You still have the other half and you will be ahead.

Its an economy car. It can only do so much. Sell it and get a Charger, Mustang, or Camaro if you want a hot rod.
I dont think so, come down to Puerto Rico, we have more than enough 4 cil, to take down the cars you mentioned above, believe that my dude.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:

tsk, tsk, tsk.

Look at it like this, mods are like plastic surgery. It won't make impossible transformations on a person (or on a car) but the right treatments can do some nice improvements.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #6
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
OP your question is just too broad, to general. MicroImage is a good start, but you should also look at the existing threads and see what people are already doing to their Yaris. Then you'll have a better idea of what's out there, and you can focus your questions better and get more specific answers.

good luck!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
kou

Drives: 08 lb
wesellcarparts.com
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
JCS_IMPORT_25

Drives: red vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post

daughters car...dont trust the american made companies already got burned to many times before. Im looking into skyline for myself.
JCS_IMPORT_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
bst82551

Drives: 2008 Flint Mica Yaris Sedan
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9451

This thread should give you a good starting point.

Must haves: performance intake (I recommend a short ram intake vice the cold air intake), NST pulleys, rear sway bar, lowering springs, tires with a shorter sidewall for better handling, new sport/racing headers, and custom exhaust system (not just axle-back), not necessarily all in that order. I can't recommend much beyond that. Good luck in your endeavors to beef up the Yaris.

I feel I need throw in my two cents about this as well. I think it's a waste of time and money to beef up a Yaris. Yes- it's very light and can be very peppy with the right parts, but I would pour my money into something that can actually handle this kind of horsepower without blowing the engine. 170 hp is pretty much the most you can safely milk out of the 1NZ-FE. I don't know if that's what they use over in Russia, but I personally wouldn't waste my time or money with anything beyond a few suspension mods, tires with the shorter sidewall, the NST pulleys, an intake, cat-back exhaust, and maybe some headers (but maybe not even that). All of that should get you up to about 110 to 115 hp to the wheels with the 1NZ-FE.

-Brian
bst82551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
He does say "turbo" in the first post. Garm is running at 357 horsepower to the wheels with his custom turbo setup.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
big lo

And you can take that to the bank buddy.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
There's no out of the box turbo kit for the yaris that has been proven to work. Garm is working on that, and could help you piece together a turbo. I suggest waiting on all other engine mods until you figure out the turbo. Exhaust for NA and turbo cars are completely different for one. Garm(microimageonline.com) can help you with coilovers, engine dress up, carbon fiber anything(and I do mean anything), and just about anything you want for a yaris.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote