Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Amandz

Drives: 2010 4dr Yaris
2010 4dr in Canada

Hi,
I noticed that there are a lot of posts regarding the hatchback models of the Yaris. I'm currently in the market for a 2010 Sedan. Can anyone give me any comments about their's, the price they paid for it and any features you got?
Thanks,
Amanda
Amandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
i buy my cars always as a second owner since you save SOOOOOOOOO much versus new. if you check around you can find 08 hb's for 9k easily. i paid 9400 total for mine but it came with aftermarket parts so it was worth it. If you can work a manual tranny get it!!!
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
eht13

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachryboles View Post
08 hb's
But... they want a 2010 sedan.

To the OP... I love my sedan, an '08. There are a lot of sedan-related posts on here too, just look around some more... and maybe ask some more specific questions.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i had a sedan as a rental when my hatch was in the shop....was nice....but spring for power locks. the rental had manual locks and it was a PAIN to unlock the rear

other than that, it felt the same as my hatch, but with a trunk...if thats the look you like and it better fills your needs, i wouldnt hesitate buying one. they're better for carrying 4 ppl and luggage than the hatch, but you lose the ability to carry large/bulky items
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
eht13

Agreed on the Power Package... I have it, and I would definitely recommend it for the convenience of power locks, power windows, and remote keyless entry. I also recommend getting the OEM alloy wheels, but that is a cosmetic preference (I don't like the steel wheels with plastic wheel covers at all).
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
Agreed on the Power Package... I have it, and I would definitely recommend it for the convenience of power locks, power windows, and remote keyless entry. I also recommend getting the OEM alloy wheels, but that is a cosmetic preference (I don't like the steel wheels with plastic wheel covers at all).
i use my oem steelies as winter wheels and replaced the tires w/ winter/snow tires

best to do that and buy nice wheels for summer...imo
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Amandz

Drives: 2010 4dr Yaris
After doing more research I've narrowed down my plan a little.
I'm still in CANADA looking at the 4 DR SEDAN.
I'm planning to get the Enhanced Convenience Package.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much they paid for a similar purchase.
Amandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I've not heard of many, if any, localish members buying a 2010 sedan. You may not get any responses to your purchase price inquiry.

I'd do yourself a favour while you're at it. Look into the Corolla as well. Pricing is very similar, and the Corolla is potentially more vehicle for the money.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I'd do yourself a favour while you're at it. Look into the Corolla as well. Pricing is very similar, and the Corolla is potentially more vehicle for the money.
Absolutely agree! If you load up a Yaris sedan, you may as well step up to a Corolla for darn near the same price... and the Corolla feels like a luxury car compared to the Yaris.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #10
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
i had the same thought, either get a yaris rs or corolla....really though, i'd rather top of the line yaris vs bottom line corolla......
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
i had the same thought, either get a yaris rs or corolla....really though, i'd rather top of the line yaris vs bottom line corolla......
Exactly... a loaded Yaris with all the options and alloy wheels will cost close to a base Corolla without any options, and with steel wheels with covers. So not really a meaningful comparison. Plus, the Yaris has a certain attitude that the Corolla lacks, and the Yaris is also a lot less common than the Corolla, if that matters. The only Corollas that look good to me are the top-of-the-line trim levels.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
Exactly... a loaded Yaris with all the options and alloy wheels will cost close to a base Corolla without any options, and with steel wheels with covers. So not really a meaningful comparison. Plus, the Yaris has a certain attitude that the Corolla lacks, and the Yaris is also a lot less common than the Corolla, if that matters. The only Corollas that look good to me are the top-of-the-line trim levels.
my new best friend on yarisworld. lol. i completly agree. for me it was either the top of the line yaris (fully loaded RS) for $22,500 CD or a corolla S (which i dont think looks as cool as the yaris RS) for about $38,000 CD.

my only complaint is the yaris RS doesn't come in the 3dr.....
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #13
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandz View Post
After doing more research I've narrowed down my plan a little.
I'm still in CANADA looking at the 4 DR SEDAN.
I'm planning to get the Enhanced Convenience Package.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much they paid for a similar purchase.
When I bought my 08 sedan with convenience package and lip kits (front lip, side skirts, and rear lip), I ended up something like 203xx.xx cad after everything.

But to be honest, I don't think enhanced convenience package is really necessary. I mean, the main difference you are looking at is the number of air bags (2 vs. 6).

Maybe if you have a family, the safety may become your first priority; hence justifying the purchase of 6 airbags. But for me at least, I mainly drive the car by myself so I thought 6 airbags were overkill.

I financed mine at 0.9% for 3 years, with $10k down. Total interest amount I am paying in 3 years comes to just a little less than $200.

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote