Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Yapyzzer

Drives: 2004 Echo 3rd
AEM FIC install guide for Echo

Okay, so before I go ahead and do this, I figured I might as well check and see if anyone has done this or not, Has anyone made a guide to install the AEM FIC like which wire goes to which wire, which one has to be intercepted vs which one has to be spliced and what not? if not, then I am currently in the process of making a cheat sheet for myself so that I can install it as quick as possible as I need my car within the week.

thanks in advance if you have, if not then in a couple of days I will try and convert mine from paper and pen to pdf.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I'll update this seeing how I've made some progress programming mine.

I was running 1.07 on the FIC. Things were fine running 0 maps but as soon as I started altering fuel and O2 maps things wouldn't settle once it was in that part of the map.

I just today changed to 1.04 and everything seems to be much happier. I can get my AFR down closer to a safe zone under full power but part throttle seems to be a bit stumble now. I haven't bothered clamping my MAF as I'm not getting any codes other than a Cat efficiency below threshold or my sub O2 sensor voltage is too high.

Sent from my iPod Touch
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote