Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
TEIN Flex Z Coil overs NCP90

So stolked with this deal!

I had been watching this for months now and finally just offered him $200nzd which he took! I expected them to be worn out but they are in mint condition with no visable signs of wear at all

Only issue was I had to buy a new wrench for them but that was $24 locally.

Will update with when I get her done.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:29 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
wow those are seriously mint..what were they put on taken off and tossed in a box..soooo clean
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:53 PM   #3
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Please post pics of your car after install. Also, let us know how the ride feels.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #4
Compeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
wow those are seriously mint..what were they put on taken off and tossed in a box..soooo clean
Yes, I think they bought them and then could not pass their warrant of fitness for modified suspension, I plan to get them low volume certed maybe after getting bucket seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
Please post pics of your car after install. Also, let us know how the ride feels.
will do!
Old 12-05-2022, 05:17 PM   #5
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
the rears are not a separate shock and spring? huh interesting, i like it, you know what the spring rate is?
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #6
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
the rears are not a separate shock and spring? huh interesting, i like it, you know what the spring rate is?
whoa i didnt notice that..true coilover adjustable in the back then..leaving the OE pocket "empty"
Old 12-05-2022, 10:12 PM   #7
Compeer

Quote:
OOh they are seperate, they just come together like this so you don't loose parts. I have them all fitted now.

Pretty soft honestly! i was expecting them to be stiff but the ride is nice, i think i will even turn the dampners up to make it stiffer.

Anyway pics! Have not taken the beauty pics of ride height yet, maybe tonight..I wanna get some slick pictures to show it...But I have not slammed her shes still got about 2cm of gap above the tires still. That gas plastic fuel tank is only about 10cm from the road lol

Actually would love some help fine tuning the dampening I can not find original settings on the internet and they were all different. Front is now at 9 damapening and rear at 1 So soft front stiff rear? From what i read this is what i want?

Last edited by Compeer; 12-06-2022 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #8
Neinris

I see rear disc brakes... So jelly...
Old 12-06-2022, 10:15 AM   #9
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
if you do a track day you might want to favor stiffer rear and softer front, could even put them even front to rear and will feel nice and neutral
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:35 PM   #10
Compeer

Quote:
I see rear disc brakes... So jelly...
Them RS brakes haha

Quote:
if you do a track day you might want to favor stiffer rear and softer front, could even put them even front to rear and will feel nice and neutral
Yeah I have sent an email to Tein suspension asking for the original owners manual for the "base settings".

I hit went over a speed bump a little hard and bottomed out on the bump stop lol. Shes lower thats for sure so wil have to soften the front more and maybe the back a little more.

You can hard swerve her back and fourth now on the road and it just feels like she grips in! No more wondering ass end..it feels like driving a bigger way more planted car.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:31 PM   #11
sh0rtlife

lol bigger planted car...im rollin 195/60/14 quatrac5's on the stock suspension no rear sway..and shes GLUED even in the wet....shes almost comprable to my slightly tweaked alfa gtv6 just down on power LOL

i can only imagine what those parts would do with these tires
Old 12-09-2022, 06:04 PM   #12
Compeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
lol bigger planted car...im rollin 195/60/14 quatrac5's on the stock suspension no rear sway..and shes GLUED even in the wet....shes almost comprable to my slightly tweaked alfa gtv6 just down on power LOL

i can only imagine what those parts would do with these tires
Well the Tein is very soft and squishy but boy oh boy does it grip! No more rear feeling like a trailer being towed, it doesnt waver in the lanes when trying to drive straight OMG what an improvement.

I have now got the dampners set at two which is almost as hard as they go and i love it.

Im going to get urethane sway bar bushes and maybe the rear trailing arm bushes etc to firm it up.

I will post part numbers when i get them.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:52 PM   #13
Neinris

Please show a profile of your car.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #14
Compeer

Quote:
Please show a profile of your car.
There we go.

Don't look at my wheels, I bought them resprayed black and have not got around to redoing them with some peoper etching primer and clear coat.

Wheels were $120nzd they are Aussie made ROH ZS 15x7j they are not in production anymore and I think suit it.

Last edited by Compeer; 12-10-2022 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:52 PM   #15
Neinris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
There we go.

Don't look at my wheels, I bought them resprayed black and have not got around to redoing them with some peoper etching primer and clear coat.

Wheels were $120nzd they are Aussie made ROH ZS 15x7j they are not in production anymore and I think suit it.

Nice!!!

My wheels are meh... they're 15X5.5 from a Mini Cooper, yours are better than mine.
I was hoping to see yours lowered a bit more, to where there's little to no gap between the fenders and tires.
My front bumper lip is only 4 inches off the ground, I'd have to lower my car an inch more to achieve that look.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:52 AM   #16
Compeer

Quote:
Nice!!!

My wheels are meh... they're 15X5.5 from a Mini Cooper, yours are better than mine.
I was hoping to see yours lowered a bit more, to where there's little to no gap between the fenders and tires.
My front bumper lip is only 4 inches off the ground, I'd have to lower my car an inch more to achieve that look.
I think the mini cooper wheels are pretty cool too. Idk i like the whole upgrading your car using some trick parts from other cars that work well.

And thanks bro as usual trawling marketplace and found them, Im a sucker for deep dish and ROH have street cred here multiple people have commented on the cool old school wheels, they are usually on old rear wheel drive corollas ahaha.

The tire gap man when I looked at how low my gas tank is to the ground, and all the speed bumps around here plus what the bumps and sometimes pit holes are like on the country roads where I go for holidays to see my family up north makes me think I will need the clearance, i scrapped with the trd set up going up there.

Its about 25mm lower than the trd set up was tho, I still have about 12cm clearance

I would like to fully lower it for beauty pics at a show etc tho.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #17
Neinris

I completely understand. Please post pics when you lower it more for aesthetic look.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:20 PM   #18
Compeer

Quote:
I completely understand. Please post pics when you lower it more for aesthetic look.
Need to paint the wheels and the roof and things first.

I have got the start of the dreaded peeling roof, no garage and the New Zealand sun really wrecks cars with thin clear coat so I plan to go gunmetal greay on the front thats already silver and then the roof and wing. Been playing with the design and might even mimic the 2022 yaris with the red and black two tone.

Tags
coilovers, low'n'slow, ncp90, tein flex z