Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
gaffo

Drives: integra
Well seems the F&*king Power Package with Manual is impossible in the States(Hatch)

Never mind that they sold 270,000 in europe, Japan and Australia.

Never mind that you can get the automatic with power

called Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Muskogee, Ardmore......................

all the same crap -

salesman:"we can preference but not order direct - oh ya BTW the manual with power package don't exist"

me: "but Toyota made and sold 1/4 of a million Hatchback standards with power package!! They do exist"

salesman: "well, I've never seen one - they don't exist in this region of the country.

me: "well obviously - otherwise I would not be on a waitinglist for 3-months with one dealer who does not return my phonecalls and would not be calling longdistance to talk to you! Oh BTW Florida dealers have several manuals with power package".

salesman: "well the Yaris is ment to me a bare bone commuter car only"

me: "ok - but why does the Automatic Yaris have Power package on so many if that is true"?

salesman: "Americans don't drive standards - only 1-percent do, the rest of us rive automatics and veiw automatics as an upgrade - so that is why we offer the powerpackage only on automatics. It would not make sense to offer the power package (an upgrade) on an manual if you have not upgrade the transmision to a automatic".

me: "but i don't like automatics - I like shifting!!!"

salesman: "Thats nuts. Are you an American?"

me: "yes, but like driving!"

salesman: "well I've got a million nice Scion XA manuals with power package".

me: "I don't want an XA, I want a Yaris - and why do you offer all the options on the XA and none on the Yaris when they are the same car under that body??!!??"

salesman: "Scion are "Trandy - for the kewl jetset - yaris is a commuter car. Here I 've this Scion XA - good deal why not just buy it instead"

me: "no thanks, I'm looking for a Yaris"

salesman: "What do you have against the Scions?"

me: " don't like their looks - I like the Yaris MUCH better"

salesman: "well good luck in finding waht you want".

this sums up the conversations I had with 7 or 8 sales man/women - including their reasoning as to why the Yaris does not and should not offer any options - esp. if it is the Hatchback manual.

and yes half of them did the Scion XA spiel.

to sum up - f&*k it. If Toyota don't want to offer anything options in this car HERE IN THE US (and yet do so in the rest of the WORLD) - they've just lost me as a customer.

screw em.

maybe they will wise up in 2008 and actually offer options - but from what I've expereinced I really don't think they will.

500 bucks and 3 months and nothin.....................tick tock tick tock.......
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
paradigm
o.O

Drives: 8
lmao. I saw like 2 power hb's on the dealer here just the other day
paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
adamschneider

Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
I definitely had the option to get a MT liftback with the power package here in the Northwest. I didn't want the PP, as I didn't fancy paying $1000 extra for, basically, keyless entry, but it was there.

You may have to look outside your region. Or, trying calling a dealership and ASK TO TALK TO THE FLEET MANAGER. They typically won't give you the same song-and-dance as the commissioned sales people on the showroom floor.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Power Package

Don't forget. The only way to get the cool split fold flat rear seat is to purchase the power package. It is worth $500 alone. Seats slide foreward to give double the hatch room without folding the seats.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
LOL!!

Seriously, most of the HB's on this forum have the power package!! Were the 7-8 sales people all at the same dealership? There is an ABS/Side Airbag package that I have not seen.

In Berkeley, they tried to sell me on the Xa... in Walnut Creek they said: "We can find whatever you want." ADVICE: Try a different dealer. CALL ALL OVER THE PLACE

How do you know a car salesman is lying?
His lips are moving!
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
gaffo

Drives: integra
ya - new dealer.

or just no dealer and forget it. - get my money back for sure.

I did call all over the place. 8 different dealers in 5 different cities. all said the South-central region simply did not get MT-PP cars: TX-OK-LA-AR-(and another state I forget).

told em that Florida had several and one told me to go get on a plane and get it.

guess they just don't want my business - great way to sell a car.
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #7
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
I had a talk with the salesman when I bought me car about the very same thing. Up in Reno Nevada you can get a base sedan with manual,where I live you can only get a S model with a manual. The salesman says toyota runs the numbers and figures out what sells best in each specific area and thats what they send there. Funny thing is I found a manual base sedan but it had a bunch of miles on it like it was driven from reno or about that far,dealer trade maybe? The car had trim I haven't ever seen on any other yaris either.

But basicly the dealer has no say over the cars they are alocated(sp?) from toyota. You need to travel out of the area to find your car. You can play around with zip codes on toyota.com buildup and that will let you know what options are available in which areas.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
esola

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Polar White
Up here in New England, I had a hell of a time chosing my Yaris. I wanted power package, ABS, and the other crap, but I could only find one or the other -> not one single car that had everything I wanted. I settled for one with ABS and front/rear airbags instead of power package. To be honest... hasn't made one bit of difference... and I actually paid less for ABS than I would have for the power pack. Personnaly, I think the dealers don't order these cars well equipped because they want to upgrade you to a sedan or a Corolla or some other car. It's all about hopw much they make and not about what the consumer wants. I love my Yaris but I had one of the crappiest buying experiences ever. I swear that next to politicians, car salesmen must be some of the most unpopular people in this country! I know I'm generalizing,
I just wish that the whole car shopping experience wouldn't suck so bad especially when I'm dishing out so much money. Thanks for listening to my rantings - I feel better now.
esola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
esola, I wish I had chosen ABS. I bent a wheel in a wet weather skid...if I had had ABS it wouldn't have happened. Until that moment, I wasn't sure ABS was worth it or effective--now I know!

What gets my bowels in an uproar is that they gave the sedan the "Sports" designation with the tach and whatever else. Elsewhere in the world that would usually go into the LB and it should have here! I really like the looks of my LB and wanted it to handle better and would have appreciated a tach. For some reason, all foreign manufacturers treat us like cars are nothing but toasters here.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
SailDesign

Drives: .
I was offered all kinds of good stuff on the car, but what I wanted was the base model. They had one with the "cold-weather" package, and the "convenience" package, which was fine since I did want the CD player. I turned down one with the power windows, ertc, and the one with the ABS because I'm strange like that. I like being able to wind down the windows by hand (too many bad experiences with power ones) and I like to use my own brakes properly, not have someone plough into my butt because I had ABS and he didn't (again, experience, but I was the one without ABS, and it was the other guy who went to hospital, not me)
Each to his own, though. That's what makes life interesting.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
sandiegan

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch
I could not find a Yaris hatch with ABS brakes in SoCal for the life of me. Called 10 Toyota dealers in LA, no dice.
sandiegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
WORKING for a dealer isn't any better. the closest MT BB HB with power package was more than 400 miles away and i would either have had to go pick it up my expense or pay an extra eight hundred to have it trucked in..
Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
for anyone in SoCal, two words: Norwalk Toyota. they custom order your car for you. no preference bullshit. you list what you want, they order, and 12 weeks later your car arrives. simple as that. great buying experience from that place. very FEW dealerships do this custom order stuff. to the OP, i hope you can find a local dealership that WILl order your car for you...good luck!

--B
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Hamer Toyota had my liftback + Power package in stock.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #15
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
come buy one from Canada and support our economy! Not only do you get manual, you can also get a 4rd RS with authentic rally spoiler!
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
aw man, I"m moving to Canada...just for the spoiler!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 AM   #17
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Hey gaffo....when you do get ahold of a Yaris LB manual w/ Power Package....when your mailed the survey by Toyota......make the survey ratings really bad on it w/ smal complaint note. Not that it will make a whole lotta difference but something to consider I guess.

Texas and all those other states are weird....on my first question to the dealer to where they have the Yaris in the lot...I found her. BayouBlue Yaris LB Manual w/ power package~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Why not cut out all the garbage and tell them to order it from the factory just the way you want it. Then if they tell you you can't order it the way you want it, you can tell them they're full of crap and take your business to another dealership that actually wants it.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote