Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Smile My buddy's new 07 Civic LX

FUCK.

Just drove in my buddy's new d-door 07 Civic LX... and my first impression was just how fucking absolutely COOL it was.

But immediately afterwards, my second impression I noticed was how bloody COMFORTABLE and supportive and fitting the seats where. Unbelievable.

Over this point I am VERY JEALOUS! I could sit in that car's seats forever. Some of the nicest non-leather seats I've ever had the pleasure to sit in. I really do wish my Yaris's seats were as comfy

On my long tired drives home from Toronto, is where I really get "fidgety" in my Yaris's seats, and this factor is always strongly compounded by my lack of sleep and extreme tiredness. At these critical times (which occur every other weekend usually) I wish my car was as comfortable to sit in as his Civic is.

Oh well. Any one had the luxury to sit in this car and find themselves as equally impressed?

Jem
Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
FUCK.

Just drove in my buddy's new d-door 07 Civic LX... and my first impression was just how fucking absolutely COOL it was.

But immediately afterwards, my second impression I noticed was how bloody COMFORTABLE and supportive and fitting the seats where. Unbelievable.

Over this point I am VERY JEALOUS! I could sit in that car's seats forever. Some of the nicest non-leather seats I've ever had the pleasure to sit in. I really do wish my Yaris's seats were as comfy

On my long tired drives home from Toronto, is where I really get "fidgety" in my Yaris's seats, and this factor is always strongly compounded by my lack of sleep and extreme tiredness. At these critical times (which occur every other weekend usually) I wish my car was as comfortable to sit in as his Civic is.

Oh well. Any one had the luxury to sit in this car and find themselves as equally impressed?

Jem
This should be an off topic tread
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
This should be an off topic tread
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
pics baby
Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Thats funny... a good friend of mine drives one, and I really don't notice anything overwhelmingly comfy about it. It is nice because the seats are more hiked back and on the floor, which gives it more of that coupe feel like my old Eclipse had. Not much to say about it past that.

You have to give credit where credit is due, though... the Civic is definitely up in the top five when it comes to feats of automotive engineering. It changed everything.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I just can't get around the exterior styling... from the front it's kinda cool, but the back

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
it sounds like it's a good thing you don't have comfy seats. you'd fall asleep at the wheel and kill yourself.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post
it sounds like it's a good thing you don't have comfy seats. you'd fall asleep at the wheel and kill yourself.
Hahhaah that's exactly what I tell people who complain about my seats and stiff springs

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post

this is very true...

the last thing i do when im tired and driving is get comfy... thats when I get a bag of flamin hots or something HOT period and try to "fidget" as much as possible so I don't doze off.

My monte carlo was fully dynamatted, insulated... basically comletely isolated from the outside world... + the nice cushy suspension, bench seat... I had ALOT of trouble staying up in that because it was just too comfortable.

and at the OP - the grass is always greener :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Quote:
FUCK.

Jem
That's just one more reason why we got the RS
I was not comfortable in the standard Yaris seats.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
is there an equivalent package for the US models? power package?
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #12
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
You should just steal his seats, just don't fall asleep while doing it
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
FUCK.

Jem
Having both A Civic and A Yaris, I have to agree with Jem the Civic seats are pretty comfortable. I also like the driving position better in my Civic, between telescoping the steering wheel to jacking up the seat. Even with that being said I still enjoy driving my Yaris more, and it looks much nicer.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #14
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I took the 06 Civic Coupe for a test drive before I bought my Yaris. I didn't like the coupe's seats, because the side support could not encompass my very wide back and were uncomfortable. Also, having the side of my leg rest against the hand brake lever wasn't ideal.

On long drives in the Yaris (I've done 30,000km in 5 month), my ankle would get fatigued from holding it over the gas pedal, but no complaints about the seat. Also, the high up seating position takes strain off the knees when getting in/out of the car.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Swap some Yaris RS seats into your Yaris...mucho comfy...

Cheers
FUCK! Now I wanna steal the RS back seats AND now its front seats too. They look SO COMFY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS View Post
That's just one more reason why we got the RS
I was not comfortable in the standard Yaris seats.
Aye. Well the LE I got was in my price range. I was lamenting how much I liked his Civic, but truth is I would not have bought one, same as I wouldnt have bought an RS either.

But one likes to wish occasionally. I know how good I got it with Cara (my bayou blue Yaris LE 4-door)... and I dont wanna trade her for the world.

The RS and the Civic are both a couple to several thousand more than I wanted to pay.

And, though I havent tried it personally, I'm not sure I'd like the short raised shifter of the Civic. Its raised quite high off the floor and appears to have very short throws. I dunno what I think of that.

I guess I would have to drive one to tell for sure, but my guess is I'd still enjoy my Yaris's stick better.