Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
What about 1ZZ and 2ZZ injectors?
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #20
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
What about 1ZZ and 2ZZ injectors?
www.google.com

i think 2zz are 330CC. i wouldn't waste time on 1zz injectors.. honestly i wouldn't waste time on 2zz injectors either.. the tC ones work fine
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #21
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Fine??? This topic focuses on the fact that no one has a turboed Yaris with no CEL's, and Cali yaris' code says he's running to rich. It seems there could be a happy medium between the stock and TC injectors. Hence the 1zz or 2zz injectors...

Last edited by PetersRedYaris; 01-05-2009 at 08:25 PM.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I get my CEL mostly on cold start, which makes a lot of sense. Rarely while driving, but when I do it's when I let off as far as I can tell.

So, I think mine is very close to being right. We also opened up the MAF tubing where the sensor is, so that is also in my mix of how things work.

anyone know what a 420 code is? (I know, I know, but really, it's a serious question).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I get my CEL mostly on cold start, which makes a lot of sense. Rarely while driving, but when I do it's when I let off as far as I can tell.

So, I think mine is very close to being right. We also opened up the MAF tubing where the sensor is, so that is also in my mix of how things work.

anyone know what a 420 code is? (I know, I know, but really, it's a serious question).
catalytic converter is in the shtter
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #24
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Fine??? This topic focuses on the fact that no one has a turboed Yaris with no CEL's, and Cali yaris' code says he's running to rich. It seems there could be a happy medium between the stock and TC injectors. Hence the 1zz or 2zz injectors...
i'm assuming you're thinking stock ecu?
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #25
saplaymate

Drives: 08' HB
I'm pretty sure I live in this country .

From what I have found
Blues ones (12 hole) new 1nz & 1zz are 195cc
Green from older 1nz 250cc
Yellow old 2zz 310cc
Brown newer 2zz n/a 330cc
High performance 2zz Dark Blue 390cc & Gray 410cc.

The bigger you go the harder to trim. You should only run as big as you need for the best possible tune. And the Ecu can trim only to a certain extent in CLOSED loop but will never make the correct adjustments in OPEN loop, you must modify the MAF signal to change Pulse Duration (FACT) for larger injectors. And if you using a online calculator like RCs formula it's going way over on recommended injector size. But hey it's not like I haven't wasted my time stating all this before

I'm not a fan of and extra injector in dry manifolds. (my opinion) Fluids don't travel the same as gases around corners. But lots of people use them although manufactures don't?

Toy doesn't openly release any info, all my numbers are from my own research and some flow testing. And when playing with toy injectors you should always flow test them to verify.

Answer to the original question, ABSOLUTELY !! I don't have CELs and scoot cleanly all the way through my power band
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
kou

Drives: 08 lb
then why does it take you 3 shifts to get from 0-60 when i can hit 60 with 1 shift from 1st to 2nd and i dont have a turbo.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #27
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
then why does it take you 3 shifts to get from 0-60 when i can hit 60 with 1 shift from 1st to 2nd and i dont have a turbo.
different gear ratios?

turbo does not change your gear ratios lol
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #28
kou

Drives: 08 lb
if he has an 08hb it should not be different. turbo will just get you there faster.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #29
Tamago

Quote:
if he has an 08hb it should not be different. turbo will just get you there faster.
you are correct, 1.9:1 2nd gear, 3.72:1 final drive and 185/60/15 achieves 60mph around 6000rpm
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I don't have CELs and scoot cleanly all the way through my power band
I sit corrected. And you're the only one, which still attends to my general point.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #31
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
catalytic converter is in the shtter
LOL - cat? what cat?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #32
saplaymate

Quote:
It's a joke, you know , most people give a 0-60 in seconds. I' have no trouble getting up to speed, my co-worker learned that in his 5.slow
Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #33
Abodame99

Drives: Silver 07 LB
man this ecu thing is hella confusing. its the only thing holding me back from fi. ive been on the boards for a while and have been reading all the ecu threads, almost have to be a computer engineer to figure this stuff out! thats why i like general aviation recip engines. its all oil pressure and air pressure, a lot easier than this!
Abodame99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #34
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
"People" aren't doing anything. Yet. I think there are three or four of us only that have tried turbo-ing in this country so far. Me, Cdjyded, Richard Holdener and one other. No one has successfully and completely tuned the project and run it on the street with no issues yet.

to answer your question (doing some searches on here would probably benefit you), I'm running tC injectors and not FPR, the fuel pressure seems to be just fine up to 8psi.
Do S/Cers count?
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #35
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
LOL Saplaymate. Welcome back.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #36
saplaymate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abodame99 View Post
man this ecu thing is hella confusing. its the only thing holding me back from fi. ive been on the boards for a while and have been reading all the ecu threads, almost have to be a computer engineer to figure this stuff out! thats why i like general aviation recip engines. its all oil pressure and air pressure, a lot easier than this!
It's really not to complicated, this link really explanes everything. http://www.splitsec.com/ read the tuning guide focusing on signal modifiers.

If you are running <6psi all you need is to modify the MAF signal, with 330cc injectors on stock fuel system you can push 12psi no problem. IDK about anything over? You will need a scantool with live feed of fuel trims to tune closed loop and a Wideband for transition areas and open loop. The guy's at Split were super helpful on the phone and have experience with our cars.

Thanks Rob