Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Exclamation INTERCOOLER or WATER/METH for BlitZ S/C

Does anyone know if they make an Inter-Cooler or something for the BlitZ S/C? I think I am getting heat soak because sometimes the Supercharger Lags.... Would greatly appreciate any help.

BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It is pretty hard to have heat soak issues with the Blitz S/C. With a turbo the exhaust heats the intake air it compresses, because you have metal between the two gasses. With a S/C you would only see heatsoak if it gets crazy hot under the hood. Even on 100F+ days I don't see that effect.

The lagging of the S/C is more likely due to belt or S/C clutch slippage.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It is pretty hard to have heat soak issues with the Blitz S/C. With a turbo the exhaust heats the intake air it compresses, because you have metal between the two gasses. With a S/C you would only see heatsoak if it gets crazy hot under the hood. Even on 100F+ days I don't see that effect.

The lagging of the S/C is more likely due to belt or S/C clutch slippage.

Thanks bud I will have to check that out.

Belt = Tighten it up?

S/C Clutch Slippage = How do I check that out?

As always appreciate the information.
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Belt - yes

Clutch slippage is harder as you would need to be able to watch the clutch while the engine is under load.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I had an AEM Water Meth Kit installed with the S/C. The 1 gallon bottle finishes way too fast. At an autocross event I did six 45-50 seconds runs and the bottle was empty. Started the event with a full bottle and was using the smallest nozzle. Ign timing was still in the single digits at wot even with this setup. Cant say it worked for me but maybe it was poor nozzle placement will try again when I reinstall the S/C. Good luck with the issue.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
A cold air intake will make sure you're starting with the coolest air possible, if you don't already have one.

When I built my custom turbo system I made sure to build a CAI to feed the turbo as I don't have an intercooler in my setup.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Interesting, thanks for all the responses. Let me know how it goes KTS.

Well it's been colder in CALIFORNIA and noticed it's been a bit more responsive (which is awesome!) When it was in the 80's+ temperature it was not as responsive.

Tags
cooling, heat soak, intercooler, supercharger, water/meth