Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-03-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Tinted windows

Got my windows tinted finally. 5" 20% strip on the windshield, 50% front passenger windows, 35% rear windows, 20% hatch window. Cost me $170 with a one year warranty, and best of all it is still legal! Pics tomorrow when I wake up... hangover included.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
lol

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
We're not supposed to have tint on the front windows here in NJ. Tons of people have dark tint and never have a problem. I figured I'd play it safe and only get 50% on the fronts.

I just got a $54 ticket on my way to work this morning. Friggin' small town cops!
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
FoEKuZ

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to FoEKuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
We're not supposed to have tint on the front windows here in NJ. Tons of people have dark tint and never have a problem. I figured I'd play it safe and only get 50% on the fronts.

I just got a $54 ticket on my way to work this morning. Friggin' small town cops!
was that the main reason you got pulled over? for the tint only?

did you speed, run a redlight, not stop at a stop sign fully???

over here in cali....well, from what ive seen, they'll only slap you with a tint ticket if you were doing something else to get pulled over for....
Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
Violin

Nothing else. I just got a dick cop with nothing better to do. He also gave me a verbal warning for the clear lexan cover on my license plate.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
FoEKuZ

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to FoEKuZ
Quote:
Nothing else. I just got a dick cop with nothing better to do. He also gave me a verbal warning for the clear lexan cover on my license plate.
that blows donkey balls ....especially for the plate deal....
Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

As promised...

BEFORE
old.jpg

AFTER
109589808_351579878_0.jpg
109589924_351580280_0.jpg

I'm stoked about it. This is the first step in changing a lot of things on the outside of the car to black... rims, smoked headlights, smoked tail lights, painted rear badge...

The next project I'm undertaking is figuring out how to install that power window kit as soon as my tint dries. My buddy is officially too busy to help me out, so fuck it. I have never installed anything electronic in a car so it will be a first for me, but I am confident that I can do it if you guys guide me a little bit along the way. All you people proficient in electronics, I'm gonna need your help! I'll probably scan the instructions today and post it in this forum. I'll have to know what tools I will need to buy.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #8
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

look'n good.

what arent you sure of with the power windows? Isnt just a matter of installing a few buttons, installing new window tracking, and the motor/wires?

will work for parts
Old 10-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

There is no tracking with this kit. It is simply a motor and a device that latches onto the stock window roller, so it keeps the existing tracking.

Having said that, I am not sure of anything, haha. The kit has a lot of pieces and looks very daunting out of the box, but I'm guessing it can't be as hard as it looks. Luckily most of the wiring is painless. The hardest part should be mounting the motors and putting together the new window assembly.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

did it come with directions?

but mounting the motor shouldnt be all that bad, its gotta have a bracket or screw hole; simply pre-drill and make sure that you seal your holes with primer/sealer so moisture doesnt cause your doors to rust from the inside out.

if you had pics i might be able to help (or atleast try) some.

will work for parts
Old 10-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #11
ChinoCharles
Banned

It did come with directions, although they are very ratty and hard to read. I'll scan them and have them up soon, just need to find someone with a scanner.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

use the "rich mans" ghetto scanner..... lay them out flat and take a pic

will work for parts
Old 10-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Looking good!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #14
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
Quote:
lexan cover on license plates? are these the clear plastic case that you bolt up to the license plates to protect them from dirt? are they illegal as well? but why?
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #15
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
lexan cover on license plates? are these the clear plastic case that you bolt up to the license plates to protect them from dirt? are they illegal as well? but why?
Well.. For what I gatter, they are NOT meant to protect the plate but rather to mm... "get away" with traffic cammera tickets Basically at night the cammera will shot the flash and suppodselly the flash bounces back, rendering the plate unreadable. At least, that's the use I know for them. So yea, they're illegal.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #16
EnduroMTS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to EnduroMTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
As promised...

BEFORE
Attachment 1695

AFTER
Attachment 1696
Attachment 1697

I'm stoked about it. This is the first step in changing a lot of things on the outside of the car to black... rims, smoked headlights, smoked tail lights, painted rear badge...

The next project I'm undertaking is figuring out how to install that power window kit as soon as my tint dries. My buddy is officially too busy to help me out, so fuck it. I have never installed anything electronic in a car so it will be a first for me, but I am confident that I can do it if you guys guide me a little bit along the way. All you people proficient in electronics, I'm gonna need your help! I'll probably scan the instructions today and post it in this forum. I'll have to know what tools I will need to buy.
You got some werid hubcaps.. I've never seen thoose.
EnduroMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 AM   #17
Violin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
I didn't know about the glare biz. I bought them to keep the plate looking new as I plan to drive this car into the ground. It's a lexan cover with a chrome ring:

Old 10-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #18
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroMTS
You got some werid hubcaps.. I've never seen thoose.
I got the car bone stock, which meant 14" rims. Those are the hubcaps that came with the wheels.