Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Yaris Rules

My Yaris took 1st place today in HS :)
Attached Images

HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
nice, good job. yeah, for all the people that think Yarii are slow! lol...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Isn't it the SSR-Comp? how do you like it? How heavy when you compare with the 15 steel wheels.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I hope you plan on lowering it,think about better handling,if not,think about everybody else,and what they think "4x4"
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
I hope you plan on lowering it,think about better handling,if not,think about everybody else,and what they think "4x4"
I believe lowering the car would put him in another class. Not good.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
HTM Yaris
resident senior

I always use SSR wheels for my cars . The 16x7 weighs 11.2 lbs . Don't know what the 15" steelies weigh , I read 33 lbs. .....? The tires are 205/45/16 Hoosier A6 . You can definately feel the weight difference while you are driving . The car is quicker .

One has to ask themselves , which is more embarassing , riding in a 4x4 egg , or getting beat by a 4x4 egg :) .....

One of the reasons I got the Yaris was to to help bring more GIRLIES to our wonderful sport . It seems to be working :) the first time I take a chick for a ride , they are like "awww its so cute" . Then when I negotiate the series of turns , they are like " DAMN , how much did you pay for this " .

The only mods I have done are as follows . Vitz/Netz badges , grounding kit ,shorty antennae and Hoosiers . I have fog lights (wait till you see what I've done to my fog lights , I suspect they will become standard issue on the Yaris ) and some Konig feathers in Gold ( they will be here on Tuesday from C2auto ) . Oh yeah , I have some TRD shocks on the way from Sparks Toyota .

I beat everybody in FSP also .........I expect to see alot more "Yari" on the tracks around here . SOON , very soon :)

Under the regional forums (Southeastern)I posted a post called "Midnight Sun" . This will be where we have fun @ midnight in the GA , Tenn , NC , and SC Mountains . WE (High Tach Motorsports) have midnight meetings on the mountain tops . We try to be secrative about so that the po po don't ruin our fun . I understand the po po to read these forums . So when I post a meeting time and place , EXPECT it to change @ the last minute . I will NOT post the change . It will be verbal . I hope to meet all of you :)
Old 02-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Lets see these fogs!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
If you do drop it what class would it be in?

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
HTM Yaris
resident senior

The Yaris would be in FSP . It could also be in SM I believe . I have'nt looked past FSP to tell the truth .

I will show the fogs next week when I get the wheels .
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
evilreign

Drives: Yaris
Congrats!
evilreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #11
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Very awesome!

I would've thought the gearing in the Yaris would've been too tall for autox (like my old 2000 Civic). However, it appears to be pretty good, eh?
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
good job DJ... id like to try and autox mine, but i have to wait till i finish school. being poor and in school is sad :(
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
TRD shocks without the TRD springs? I was told by someone here that that was a bad idea...but with the number of conflicting self-appointed experts around, I really have no idea...
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #14
HTM Yaris
resident senior

I think the TRD shocks will be fine with stock springs . People have been doing it for years in the stock SCCA classes . I just think the rebound will be a little quicker . I will definately let you know next week :)

Ken , R U ready for Saluda :) I'm itchin :)
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
NepsGD3

Drives: Honda Fit

hey guys whats up...i dont have a Yaris maybe the sole enemy which is the Honda Fit, but i am not here to be a troll. i was interested in seeing if anyone has been autoxing theirs and just happen to be right. I am STS class since i am lowered and have F/R strut bars on mine...i started in the STS class and have placed 5th and 6th out of the 10-11 that are in my class...it is real competative in that class, but i am beating alot of cars that should be faster. There is a guy that rules H-stock here in a EF civic. He is a good driver + those slicks he has on really help in grip...i really think that both the Fit and Yaris have good potential for STS if the set-up is right and the driver is good and experienced...i have had alot of compliments of my driving

Last edited by NepsGD3; 03-07-2007 at 08:23 PM.
NepsGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote