Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #19
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Interesting that when you build an SE on that link, although it says auto or manual, manual isn't an available option when you get to that point in the wizard. Also, there aren't any "packages" and they're supposedly already out of the red/blue colors?

Is everyone seeing that, or is it redirecting to what my local dealer has available?
No manuals available in my ZIP either. (97219)

I'd have to go do Colorado or California to get one. However, then I have to pay that state's sales tax (Oregon has no sales tax).
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #20
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
No manuals available in my ZIP either. (97219)

I'd have to go do Colorado or California to get one. However, then I have to pay that state's sales tax (Oregon has no sales tax).
The dealership collects the same tax as your home/resident city/state, not the city/state you are buying from. That was my experience. You should be fine.

Last edited by Kalispel; 12-29-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #21
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
The dealership collect the same tax as your home/resident city/state, not the city/state you are buying from. That was my experience. You should be fine.
California requires the dealer collect the sales tax regardless of the end-users residency.

The ONLY exemption is if the car is shipped out of state w/ a common carrier. Apparently you can file to get the taxes back, however.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #22
Kalispel

Quote:
California requires the dealer collect the sales tax regardless of the end-users residency.

The ONLY exemption is if the car is shipped out of state w/ a common carrier. Apparently you can file to get the taxes back, however.
I'm not sure why, but none of the dealers in CA seemed interested in dealing with me when I contacted them about purchasing one of their manual Yaris SE's long-distance, before I finally got to the one in CO. The CO dealership jumped on me like white on rice though. Strange.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #23
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
I'm not sure why, but none of the dealers in CA seemed interested in dealing with me when I contacted them about purchasing one of their manual Yaris SE's long-distance, before I finally got to the one in CO. The CO dealership jumped on me like white on rice though. Strange.
Weird. Was the one in CO on the lot?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #24
Kalispel

Quote:
Weird. Was the one in CO on the lot?
Yes, sadly enough it was sitting on the lot unwanted for about 8 months according to cargurus.com. What a travesty!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #25
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Yes, sadly enough it was sitting on the lot unwanted for about 8 months according to cargurus.com. What a travesty!
That's probably why they jumped at it; wanting to move inventory.

If you go into a Toyota dealership, and this likely isn't news to many, if you tell them you're there to look at or buy a Yaris, they'll make every attempt to get you into anything else, especially a Prius c or Scion. Why? Margins. There's little reason to get people into a Yaris because they simply don't make money on them.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #26
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
I still have 3 dealers calling/ texting -- informing me that the 2016 SE Hatchbacks will not be manufactured until March .....

... strictly as a tactic (a lie), to get me to come down and buy an L or LE which they have in stock.

Sleazy car salesman living up to their reputations
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #27
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
I still have 3 dealers calling/ texting -- informing me that the 2016 SE Hatchbacks will not be manufactured until March .....

... strictly as a tactic (a lie), to get me to come down and buy an L or LE which they have in stock.

Sleazy car salesman living up to their reputations

WORD.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #28
tadakun

Drives: 09 Yaris
You have to request a manual transmission. it's doable. Our 2015 SE had to be special ordered with a 5spd manual.
tadakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
Kalispel

Arizona dealers told me that this region stopped stocking the manual Yaris as of the end of the 2014 model year, and wouldn't help me (other than try to get me into an automatic they had on the lot). That is why I had to go out-of-state to obtain my Yaris.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #30
Thirty-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadakun View Post
You have to request a manual transmission. it's doable. Our 2015 SE had to be special ordered with a 5spd manual.
Which dealer?

A few years back, I was told it wasn't doable. I guess it depends on how badly a dealer wants to sell a Yaris. In most cases, that's not high on their priority list.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #31
tadakun

Drives: 09 Yaris
Quote:
Which dealer?

A few years back, I was told it wasn't doable. I guess it depends on how badly a dealer wants to sell a Yaris. In most cases, that's not high on their priority list.
he tried to talk us out of a yaris quite a few times as their profit margin is minimal on them. But ultimately we just said we want it SE, 5 speed, and dark grey and he called around and had the factory in france make one.

Sounds to me that whomever you spoke too just didn't want to help you. haha
tadakun is offline   Reply With Quote