Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
laxsaint99

Drives: 07 Hatchback
Custom Short Ram Air Intake Problem

Hey everyone! I recently decided to replace my stock air intake with a custom build of my own from Autozone. I did everything as instructed as far as not breaking the MAF, and properly fitting all tubing. My problem came when I started the engine and the ram air intake causes the car to struggle while idling and eventually (30 seconds or so) the engine will cut off. Every startup is fine however, and figuring that I broke the MAF, I reinstalled the stock air intake and the car runs fine. I have no idea what to do or what's going wrong. I also made sure to install the MAF EXACTLY how it was originally installed with the short ram air intake. I also disconnected the battery for 15 minutes trying to reset the onboard CPU. I'm really at a loss as to why this is not working. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks ya'll!

P.S. I LOVE my Yaris ;) (picture of my custom built intake is included as well)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110410_163755.jpg (125.7 KB, 310 views)
laxsaint99 is offline   Reply With Quote