Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Where to put the larger ICE components?

Totally throwing this one out there, as this idea has been stewing in my brain since I realized I had an extra computer and an unused Xbox sitting around... where would be the spot to mount a computer and an Xbox in a Yaris? Its so freeking small, but I'd like the passenger to have access to at least the Xbox. I thought maybe in one of the glove boxes, but theyre too shallow and I don't anticipate a lot of dead space behind the dash. Any ideas?

Note: The under the seat answer doesn't count on this one, that is the easy way out.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
riceboy

Drives: icebox
well you could put it under the seat.. or you could rip out the existing interior and fabricate a custom fiberglass interior.... if you only want to go halfway you could rip out the rear seats and hook things up there... remove the spare... lots of room..
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Damn an xbox is chunky........

well if u had a slim line PS2, you can place it in your glove box and have a tv screen on the ceiling. since wiring would be the biggest bitch of all.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22
Damn an xbox is chunky........

well if u had a slim line PS2, you can place it in your glove box and have a tv screen on the ceiling. since wiring would be the biggest bitch of all.
The xbox is chunky... when I finally took it down to the car I realized how big of a PITA it would be. An entire fiberglass dash is way too involved for my newbie ass... but I could hack the box apart and see if there is a better way to package the contents.

Found this link tonight...
http://www.xboxhackz.com/Hackz-Projects.htm

It would be pretty simple to combine a PC and an Xbox into one unit. I did it before with a nintendo... original baby. Haha.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I was thinking about that too, you should look at the passenger side footwell, you could probably mount something under the dash, there appears to be a bit of space there I'm not sure about an xbox, but a smaller, slimline PC or laptop could be mounted there.
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 AM   #6
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Hmm running a gaming console in your car is alot of hard work. Though where you gonna run the PS2?

Since i think you can get a DC converter and plug it in your ciggie lighter, or u can covert your console to a 12V system which means opening the xbox. Then theres your monitor to consider about. weeeeeeeeeeeeee