Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Just another Blitz S/C install

So I finally got around to making gaskets for my S/C (two of them arrived damaged, but it was used so I wasn't too concerned). The install took me about 10 hours total, but that's because I'm slow when doing mechanical work.

Everything went fine from the first start: no CEL, no weird hissing noises, no rough idle. I took it around the block and haven't stopped grinning since!

Took it out for AutoX this weekend and really turned some heads on launch! I'm really over driving it right now, so I need to slow down and work on my steering inputs and throttle control. Maybe by the end of the season I'll actually be able to post some good times.

Probably no pictures to follow, it's the same S/C on the same engine we've all seen before. I've got an Injen CAI coming this week, so I may post pictures then.

In summary, my MPG has taken a pretty big hit (not sure why, but driving around at WOT may be part of it) but my SMILES per gallon have increased by a few orders of magnitude.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote