Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
Blitz Fuel/Timing Issue

Hello YarisWorld
I recently installed a Blitz Supercharger in my 2007 JDM Vitz RS and I am using an AEM EMS-4 for fuel control. I am allowing the stock ecu to control all other functions like timing, throttle, ac etc. I got the Blitz fuel controller but not the activation switch hence I decide to use the AEM EMS-4 management for fuel and activation.

Mods:
2azfe (330cc) injectors, 92ron fuel
Fidanza Flywheel, ACT sprung copper disc, TRD Pressure plate
AEM Wideband Gauge
AEM Coolant Sensor
AEM Map Sensor
AEM Water/Methanol Kit 50/50 mix set to activate at 0.5psi.

The Issue
While driving if I allow boost to build the afr reads 2 psi = mid 12's, 5 psi = low 12's and hits hits 10-11's at 7psi (btw two different boost gauges and the map sensor is seeing 9 psi at wot ) However if I am partial throttle (vacuum) then press to activate d s/c although the afr is still 10-11's I can hear a lot of detonation/ping during the transition into boost (vacuum to 5-7psi). The knock sensor reading in AEM confirms the detonation/ping.

The car sometime throws the code P0172: System Too Rick Bank 1.
Could this be the cause of the ecu not adjusting timing sufficiently?
Also the egr valve next to the s/c manifold was blanked off.

What advice can you guys advise/suggest/comment.
Thanks in advance
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote