Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
...that's nothing compared with the struggle of removing Turtle Wax. Modern waxes and sealants generally wipe of with little or no effort, and for the most part they don't leave all that residue around trim and moldings that needs to be touched up with q-tips like the old school waxes did.
That is 100% true. Turtle Wax is an absolutely chore to remove, and god help you if you get it on trim. I've found it doesn't need to sit on the paint for too long to be effective. The sooner you wipe it off the better.

Zaino really wasn't that bad to use. Once you do the whole system once you really just need to maintain it, which is no worse than any other system. My gripe was the cost of it and the lack of local availability.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote