Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2007, 03:48 AM   #19
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Calm down....Breathe....

now punch that question in the calculator......8 x 5 then press the equals button. Dont get stressed cuz the answer on ur calculator is low battery.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 AM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
Calm down....Breathe....

now punch that question in the calculator......8 x 5 then press the equals button. Dont get stressed cuz the answer on ur calculator is low battery.
lol...instead of doing that, i signed on eBay and bought my Yaris a "got yaris" decal.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 AM   #21
Kaotic Lazagna

and to make it worse, i'm in this class from 5:30-5:40 until 10:15 AT NIGHT!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #22
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Thats hot.....well is your teacher cute? cuz ill be starin at her all night long.....

Well give ur homework to some nerd and pay him......god knows i did that in highschool...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 AM   #23
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Thats hot.....well is your teacher cute? cuz ill be starin at her all night long.....

Well give ur homework to some nerd and pay him......god knows i did that in highschool...
lol...if you want to stare at a dude all night long...that's all you bro. j/k. but there are no nerds in my class. my roommates and i are 19 and everyone else in the class is probably in their 40's, with the youngest possibly being in their late 20's...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #24
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

If his hot damn ill stare at him......watever makes the time fly... ;)

Seems to me u like older chicks in their 40's and late 20's ;) now i know why u taken that class and now ur stressed cuz ur too young for them. Dont worry ur secret is safe with me. And the other peeps who reads this. ;)
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

well, off to bed for me. i have work in 10 and a half hours...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #26
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
If his hot damn ill stare at him......watever makes the time fly... ;)

Seems to me u like older chicks in their 40's and late 20's ;) now i know why u taken that class and now ur stressed cuz ur too young for them. Dont worry ur secret is safe with me. And the other peeps who reads this. ;)
lol...nah, i prefer women in their late 80's.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
lol...nah, i prefer women in their late 80's.
damn boy.....u do like u chickas older...mmmmm saggy skin all over u.....

Old 01-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #28
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
damn boy.....u do like u chickas older...mmmmm saggy skin all over u.....

you know it. lol

but yeah, my gf and friend decided to drop the class...
Old 01-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #29
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Dealing with stress ain't easy. Usually I relax listening to music, reading forums (god that kept me somehow sane during last semester's craze!), and beating the monkey :P.
Seriously now, don't sweat the small stuff. Remind yoursfelf WHY you're studying (your goal) and breathe when things don't go as planned. Just do something that relaxes you and specially don't pull an allnighter. Stop about every 2hs and relax for 1/2. Believe or not, when you come back things actually make more sense than when you left off!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #30
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrancosRt View Post
Dealing with stress ain't easy. Usually I relax listening to music, reading forums (god that kept me somehow sane during last semester's craze!), and beating the monkey :P.
Seriously now, don't sweat the small stuff. Remind yoursfelf WHY you're studying (your goal) and breathe when things don't go as planned. Just do something that relaxes you and specially don't pull an allnighter. Stop about every 2hs and relax for 1/2. Believe or not, when you come back things actually make more sense than when you left off!
yeah, this forum is helping me a lot. but all-nighters is a must with some of these professors! IT'S CRAZY!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #31
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
wow, reading this makes me appreciate finishing school already. you've got to prioritize. with me, if i knew hw was worth 20% or lower i'd never do it. focus on what makes up the biggest chunks of your grade. also, professors are notorious for always re-using the same testing materials. see if you can find people who have already taken the class and grab their old tests. it at least gives you an idea of what to study. as for the stress-relief, your gf and/or a bottle of astroglide should always remedy that. lets say that its no coincidence that the moment i started going out with my gf (now my wife) during my 2nd year, my grades skyrocketed (not the only thing that skyrocketed). no stress = more sleep = better concentration/focus = better grades.

--B
Old 01-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #32
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
wow, reading this makes me appreciate finishing school already. you've got to prioritize. with me, if i knew hw was worth 20% or lower i'd never do it. focus on what makes up the biggest chunks of your grade. also, professors are notorious for always re-using the same testing materials. see if you can find people who have already taken the class and grab their old tests. it at least gives you an idea of what to study. as for the stress-relief, your gf and/or a bottle of astroglide should always remedy that. lets say that its no coincidence that the moment i started going out with my gf (now my wife) during my 2nd year, my grades skyrocketed (not the only thing that skyrocketed). no stress = more sleep = better concentration/focus = better grades.

--B
hmmm...yeah, but there's a few factors to consider with what you have said. would have worked two semesters before, but i'm going into the nursing program (hopefully). but before i am accepted, they will look at my grades for the last 30 units, meaning that an "A" is very crucial. so i would have to do all the homework and get "A's" on quizzes and exams. sucks...and for the same test thing, he's pretty much a new teacher, so he probably does not have many tests yet. i would think he would revise his old exams. about the girlfriend thing.

yeah, the nursing major is very tough and demanding...once in and in clinical, i would have to do 24 hours per week in a hospital in addition to classes and homework! not to mention i will still have at least 1 job...
Old 01-24-2007, 12:59 AM   #33
Kaotic Lazagna

but yeah, i dropped that bio class and instead, i'll be taking an upper division class. planning out the next couple semesters right now.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #34
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
are these classes graded straight or on a curve?? i never took a class graded on a straight scale in college, which was really necessary. i cant even count how many times i scored a 16% on a final and got an A- for the class. thats because everyone else got 9% since the tests were sooo damn hard. you'd think 2 hours to solve ONE problem would be enough time, but not in my case... there was a list of professors who were on probation for failing too many students or giving tests that were too difficult. oddly enough, i wanted to get those professors since they WERE on probation, so they no longer could fail a ton of students, and were forced to use a grading curve. if you ARE in classes where grades are curved, screw the hw and fart a whole lot during midterms/finals to distract and confuse your fellow students. the worse they do, the better you do. but if you're in a straight-grade system, i guess you are kinda screwed...

--B
Old 01-25-2007, 04:07 AM   #35
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
are these classes graded straight or on a curve?? i never took a class graded on a straight scale in college, which was really necessary. i cant even count how many times i scored a 16% on a final and got an A- for the class. thats because everyone else got 9% since the tests were sooo damn hard. you'd think 2 hours to solve ONE problem would be enough time, but not in my case... there was a list of professors who were on probation for failing too many students or giving tests that were too difficult. oddly enough, i wanted to get those professors since they WERE on probation, so they no longer could fail a ton of students, and were forced to use a grading curve. if you ARE in classes where grades are curved, screw the hw and fart a whole lot during midterms/finals to distract and confuse your fellow students. the worse they do, the better you do. but if you're in a straight-grade system, i guess you are kinda screwed...

--B

wow, so far, none of my classes have been on a curved scale...
the professors here are freaking crazy. it's like they want to fail their students. they make their tests so freaking hard and long! you are very lucky to have professors that graded fairly and on a curve. my English prof. most likely didn't even look at my profile. he straight up gave me a "B" with no justifications, nor and numbered scores. sigh...
Old 01-25-2007, 04:08 AM   #36
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris305 View Post
Dude, vodka, girls and some more girls
lol...still figuring out what type of alcohol i'm allergic too.