Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
Soner

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to Soner
I want to paint the center console. Any suggestions?

Hi all
I don't like the silver color of the center console so I want to paint it to black.
I want something that is going to make it look good.
Any suggestions? Did anyone do this before?
Thanks in advance for any help...
Soner
Soner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Some people on here have painted their center consoles. I would stick with a satin, matte or textured black finish to match the rest of the plastic surfaces as closely as possible.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
I did mine go here to see pic's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3160999
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Soner,

My suggestion is take a look on this website http://hydroimaging.com/ the guy used to be a vendor on this forum. He's done heaps of Yaris stuff, just look through the gallery.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Soner

Send a message via Yahoo to Soner
Midon what type of paint did you use? Yours look pretty good... Also, it looks like it's sparkling a little bit, am I right?
Cali Yaris I agree with you. A matte black would look great. I just don't know what type of paint to use... A spray paint? Or a special paint... I have no idea :)
Mad dog I know that website but I only want to paint the center console black so that website is really not for me..
Soner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Stargate YARlantIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Soner,

My suggestion is take a look on this website http://hydroimaging.com/ the guy used to be a vendor on this forum. He's done heaps of Yaris stuff, just look through the gallery.
I called to check out pricing on this.... The guy that answered said they are about a week from taking orders... "not up and running yet"

B

Peace, Love and Good Smoke!
--Tommy Chong
Stargate YARlantIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #7
Midon
Mod Freak

Drives: 88 MR2 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soner View Post
Midon what type of paint did you use? Yours look pretty good... Also, it looks like it's sparkling a little bit, am I right?
Cali Yaris I agree with you. A matte black would look great. I just don't know what type of paint to use... A spray paint? Or a special paint... I have no idea :)
Mad dog I know that website but I only want to paint the center console black so that website is really not for me..
I used ocean blue metallic, you can get them from any auto parts store, there is also 4 layers of clear coat.

I suggest crylon fusion spray paint. it's made for plastic and they have a nice matte black will run you 5 bucks a can. just make sure you wash the piece you want to paint with soap and water good before
Midon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #8
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate YARlantIS View Post
I called to check out pricing on this.... The guy that answered said they are about a week from taking orders... "not up and running yet"

B
He was taking orders on here not long ago. His name is blutoy, send him a pm. Maybe he took a holiday or moved premisis.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote