Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Brake Line and Caliper questions

Hello all, I just put new brake rotors and pads on my 2010 Toyota Yaris and had the help of a friend that is more mechanically savvy. I enjoy learning but the rotors were seized due to being there for around 110K miles so I needed help with that and I also wanted someone to double check my work.

After installing it the brakes worked well but it felt that the car was not coasting or accelerating as usual. My first thinking was that because we had a bit of trouble putting the pads in, especially the hardware and tabs, and they were quite thick, it would take time for them to adjust a little and operate smoothly.

After 2 days, I took it to a mechanic just to have a second opinion and they said rotors and pads look good but they think calipers, brake lines and brake fluid need replacing because they are so old and the issues I stated above.

Without seeing the work I doubt anyone can provide me with much help but I wonder if anyone understands what it’s going on here and if I should wait to see if the brake pads begin to work better or I would need to replace some parts. The work was quoted at about $1200 and I just wanted to avoid paying that much right now but I understand this must be a lot of work.

Thanks!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote