Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2022, 10:58 AM   #11
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
47323-0d201 and 47324-0d201 are the part numbers for the left and right hard lines.
Thank you Remcafee... well fudge, I thought I found the correct part numbers. Would you be able to tell me what 47323-52110 and 47324-52100 are? Because those are what I ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
to be honest, the brakes dont necessarily change the stopping distance in my opinion, the thing i noticed most is more instant bite when you hit the pedal and less brake fade when you are 5+ laps in on a track the pedal does not get spongy.
tires are what affects your stopping distance in all reality
Tires will definitely help your stopping power, no argument there.

In my experience, since my DeeDee (Yaris) don't have ABS, I've locked my front wheels more than a few times, due to my rear drum brakes fading, going down a hill and suddenly stopping at a traffic light. I believe its the rear brakes, because they were great for the first 6 months when I first replaced them, never locked my wheels and they supposedly should last longer than the front disc because the front brakes takes most of the weight and beating. It's starting to get colder here in MD and it seems to be helping cool the drums which have prevented me from locking up, or maybe it's just my imagination.
DeeDee is the third car I've owned without ABS. First was a 1973 VW Beetle, which I bought to learn how to drive a manual, it had 4 drum brakes!!! I locked the front wheels often because she just wouldn't stop sometimes, I later found that the previous owner had plugged the hole in the brake fluid reservoir leading to the rear because there's a leak somewhere in the hardline going to the rear. The second car I owed that didn't have ABS was a 92 Prelude, which had all disc brakes. I only locked up the wheels a couple of times when I first got her, before I've learned how to control my braking with that car. I was a lot younger then and more aggressive driver then than now.
So I'm definitely onboard with getting all 4 disc brakes.
I hope someone found my experiences useful.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, ncp90, trd yaris, upgrade, vitz rs