Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
pozzydrive
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.0cc 2001
Cylinder head bolt removal (Sequence)

Hi all

New to the forum, I have a Toyota Yaris 1.0 2001, had it now 7 years, been a great little car and have had no complaints, however would like to keep it a little longer until I can save up the deposit for another one, one morning I found that I couldn't get the car started at all, so after some advice I changed out the starter motor for a tested second hand starter, to no avail, eventually conceded defeat and took it to the local garage, who said that something inside the cylinder head had broken, it was going to be expensive to fix and I could not really afford to have them fix it, so have decided to try myself, and if it does not work then scrap the car and worry about the loan later, however in the mean time I would like some advice on the sequence for unbolting the cylinder head and rebolting same and possibly on setting up the timing, the rest I will manage, thank you.

Regards

Pozzy
pozzydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Why don't you just get a used motor from the scrap yard?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote