Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #55
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
but it has a "magic seat", that has got to be worth $2000
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #56
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #57
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA, take that Honda Fit.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:48 AM   #58
corey415

Drives: 95 Integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0
Why the heck would i want to buy a Yaris type car that is priced closer to the civic model.
Would you buy a Yaris instead of a corolla?

Keep in mind that the base Honda Civic DX is a teaser model. It has a low low price to get suckers into the dealership. It doesnt have AC, power windows, or power locks. So in reality, the Civic model to compare would be the LX.
corey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 AM   #59
corey415

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0
The ridgeline is the most inefficient and ugliest truck ever made. At least the tacoma and soon to be tundra have some sort of effective towing or hauling. You can't even fit a full size matress in the back of the ridgeline. Whats up with that?
The Ridgeline has more than enough capability than what most truck buyers actually need and use. The Ridgeline isnt supposed to be a tacoma/tundra equivalent. Let's face it; the average truck driver hardly ever goes off road or tows anything. They only time they use the bed is when they go to Ikea or Home Depot.

And whats up the mattress in the pickup bed rubric? Lots of big ass extended cab diesel behemoths cant do the same thing either. That doesnt mean it's a bad truck.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #60
benfal2001
Banned

Drives: Red Milano FIT LX
hihi

Haha you're funny yaris people.

What is the spaciest car between these ?

I'll love my Fit all the way!
ABS, A/C, Vtec, Power windows, Power doors, 6 airbags!! more power and lots of other gifts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaris.jpg (99.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg fit07.jpg (81.1 KB, 66 views)
benfal2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #61
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by benfal2001
Haha you're funny yaris people.

What is the spaciest car between these ?

I'll love my Fit all the way!
ABS, A/C, Vtec, Power windows, Power doors, 6 airbags!! more power and lots of other gifts!
If you're going to make a space comparison, at least compare it with the Yaris with the 60/40 seats installed.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #62
benfal2001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
If you're going to make a space comparison, at least compare it with the Yaris with the 60/40 seats installed.

No difference. The back seats would not goes flater with the 60/40 anyway and the entry will not be wider and the floor could not be lower.

Stop cheating on Fit and drive what you can afford.

Last edited by benfal2001; 05-14-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #63
benfal2001
Banned

and what that stupid idea putting the centered console ?? What they was thinking ?? Don't want my passenger argue with the speed I'm going.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #64
benfal2001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine
I'd like to know how the Fit is on the highway, too.

The more I look at the Fit, the less I like its USDM extended front bumpers and OEM ground effects kit. I don't mind the base version much, but you can't get cruise on the base model, I don't believe.

I think if I had to replace my wife's Civic tomorrow, I'd probably get a Polar White xA because she wants a four-door with a tach, and prefers hatchbacks.
Get a Fit for the H on the hood. Don't mess your time.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #65
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
No difference. The back seats would not goes flater with the 60/40 anyway and the entry will not be wider.
Uh, no, that's the point... the 60/40's do fold flat.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #66
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
and what that stupid idea putting the centered console ?? What they was thinking ?? Don't want my passenger argue with the speed I'm going.
It's one of the many things done to allow them to sell the car for $10,000 instead of $14,000. It makes it cheaper for them to produce them for a global market.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #67
stuffy

my yaris has abs, power windows, a/c, and the total bill was under $17,000 cdn, my friend's bill for the fit he is buying (+ 4 air bags, auto trans, "magic seat") is $22,000. i couldn't believe when he told me that, wtf? it isn't even the sport model.

the fit has a lower power to weight ratio than the yaris, so in fact, it has less power than the yaris.

and

the fit styling is yucky, a tiny honda oddysey
Old 05-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #68
benfal2001
Banned

Quote:
my buddy just ordered a fit today, i will take some comparison photos once he gets it,

then i will kick his ass in a little yaris vs fit action!

hihihi but keep in mind that the Fit has a peppy vtec engine and don't roll like the yaris in curves and the fit has 603 liters cargo volume and the yaris only 228.
don't miss your time...
Old 05-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #69
stuffy

benfal2001, clearly you are a fan of your car, and clearly everyone here is a fan of their yarii, so you won't win many over on the yarisworld forum,
i'm sure the fit is a good little car, and some nice features, but it's a homely little car,
i don't like the styling of it at all, so wouldn't put it at the top of my list for that very reason

Quote:
but keep in mind that the Fit has a peppy vtec engine
keep in mind that the yaris has a peppy vvti engine

but truthfully i didn't buy the yaris to race, if i was, i spend more money to lower it and stiffen the suspension to reduce the body roll, and still come in under the price of the fit.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #70
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Yawn, the fit is just way overpriced like all hondum's.

Saw a few today at a hondum dealer, almost was sick.

Lets see, less gas mileage than civic, less room than civic, uglier even then the saturnized civic, why should anyone buy it over a civic?

The Yaris gets better gas mileage, weighs less, costs less, is better looking, is safer, is newer, is better.

As usual, the temper tantrum, like all other hondum's, comes in second place to Toyota. They are pretender's. They are losers.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #71
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
Well I've driven both & as always, it comes down to personal preference.

The Fit is a good sub-compact. I just think the Yaris is better. The only place where I feel the Fit surpasses the Yaris is in airbag safety. The cargo space for the Yaris is fine. While the Fit surpasses it in this area, it's only relevant if your lifestyle demands greater cargo. Also, while the fit is slightly longer than the Yaris it's also slightly narrower. The driver seating position & view is slightly more "sporty" than the Yaris at the cost of feeling more claustrophobic, IMO. The Yaris was designed to "feel" larger than it is, unless of course you plan on riding around in the cargo area.

There are other differences of course, but in the end none of it really matters.

You bought your car & are happy with it just as the Yaris owners are happy with their choice.

If you made your purchasing decision so that you can feel superior to other car owners & post negative crap on their fansites, that's just sad. And comparing the performance of sub-compact car engines (109 vs 106) in terms of power instead of efficiency & functionality is just silly.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #72
corey415

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Lets see, less gas mileage than civic, less room than civic, uglier even then the saturnized civic, why should anyone buy it over a civic?
Again, why would one buy a Yaris LB as a opposed to a Corolla?

Perhaps some prefer a hatchback configuration? The fuel efficiency really isnt that different either. The passenger volume is very similar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
As usual, the temper tantrum, like all other hondum's, comes in second place to Toyota. They are pretender's. They are losers.
Second place? Most comparos place the Fit above the Yaris...

What do you have against Honda anyone? You seem so angry.