Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Yaris Acc.

Has anyone used this site or heard anything about it, they have some intresting mods ava.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...maker=&volkey=
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
casterqc

Drives: Yaris
Yeah they have great stuff there...

Actually I had a question about something they're selling...can someone tell me what the $/"%/$ this is for????

casterqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by casterqc

Actually I had a question about something they're selling...can someone tell me what the $/"%/$ this is for????

Used for when parking... lets you know exactly where the corners of your car are... the part you can't see from inside the car while parking.

Kinda like curb feeler's for your bumpers, lol.

EDIT - opps, looks like I am wrong, it says it "It synchronizes with the engine and goes up and down." Maybe it is sorta the same.. ?

Last edited by Chris07LB; 07-01-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
casterqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Used for when parking... lets you know exactly where the corners of your car are... the part you can't see from inside the car while parking
If someone need these to park a yaris...he (or she) shouldn't be allowed to drive a car on the street!...it would be like putting a rear bumper sensor on a Smart...lol
Old 07-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
Easy for someone who lives in a big country like Canada.. try parking to the fractions of centimetre in Asia where space is a premium.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #6
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
What ever happend to the beaner curb feelers (little bells that stick out so when they hit the curb they gingle haha)
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
Easy for someone who lives in a big country like Canada.. try parking to the fractions of centimetre in Asia where space is a premium.

Exactly.. look at the web site they are on! Japan.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
casterqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
I was just saying that because I drove a Jeep for 2 years and had to parrallel park every day because I live in a big city (yes we have some in Canada) and I never had any problem parking.

My big concern was more the cars parked around mine...because some people are so "careless" (to be polite) that they have to bump both front and rear cars to get out of their parking position.

So my point is, why spend money on gadgets that will help you park your car without damaging it and the ones around it...when the one behind you will damage it anyway because his car is an old junk and he doesn't care about bumping yours.

I think it would be better to invest that same money on bumper protection.

Sorry PixieDawn to get a little bit off your topic. So yes there is great stuff ava on this site but I'm sure it will be avaible in north america soon (at least I hope so)...because I don't even want to think about how much the Japan-Canada shipping cost!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
heylookitsjames
maintenance of momentum

Drives: 2007 5spd 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Used for when parking... lets you know exactly where the corners of your car are... the part you can't see from inside the car while parking.

Kinda like curb feeler's for your bumpers, lol.

EDIT - opps, looks like I am wrong, it says it "It synchronizes with the engine and goes up and down." Maybe it is sorta the same.. ?
Actually... I think you are right. It's just when the motor is started, those antennae retract into the car, I think... you know, so you don't ALWAYS look like a dunce.
heylookitsjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by casterqc

I agree with Chris07LB and heylookitsjames. Some drivers will need this kind of things to help them park their cars because the hood is so sloped downward (may be to reduce air friction) that one can hardly see the front corners through the windshield. Kind of smart . However, they had better be cheaper than parking sensors, otherwise..................

Last edited by swng; 07-02-2006 at 02:25 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:18 AM   #11
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
To answer the question, yes I have ordered from Japanparts.com and it went great! You pay close to J-Retail but shipping by USPS EMS was cheap ($15) and I got the parts within 4 days!
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #12
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33
To answer the question, yes I have ordered from Japanparts.com and it went great! You pay close to J-Retail but shipping by USPS EMS was cheap ($15) and I got the parts within 4 days!
What did you order that only took 4 days??

Something small like an oil cap, or something as big as an exhaust?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:13 AM   #13
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennystocks
What ever happend to the beaner curb feelers (little bells that stick out so when they hit the curb they gingle haha)
please watch your racist remarks.. tsk tsk..
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #14
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
I ordered a steering wheel. Anything small enough to ship with USPS EMS will take less than 5-7 days.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote