Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
drummerboy2004

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB Auto
Florida Grille Block?

Hey All,

I have researched the other posts as much as I can, and still I cannot find the specific information I need. Here is the scenario... I live in Tampa, where winter temps have a high of between 65-75. I have noticed Bailout's rule of thumb regarding the grille block, but it does make mention of anything high as far as temps are concerned, but still a good post. Most are probably thinking... 70 is not cold enough to warrant the effort. But, I have been taking a blow(...that's what she said), a moderate one, but still a blow to my fuel efficiency. My main question is...

Since I only want to do either the top or bottom grille, and not both, which one is the one to do, and covering which sections of these should work to increase temps, but not too much?

Oh, and I am not doing anything fancy like others I have seen in similar posts, just using plain every day packing tape (saw Wayne use this method on the HCH). Any ideas regarding the question and my methods would be greatly appreciated. Or, you could respond, and not get at the question... that is fine too

Thanks,

Matt