Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
antfeldsch

Drives: yaris
Amp Install on Factory HU

If I tap into the Left Rear speaker and connect to the high setting on amp will this work. I know where to run the power and a ground. But where will I get the turn on lead?
antfeldsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
BlueFlash
wa do dem

Drives: 2007 blue Lb
you mean the remote wire(the wire that turns on the amp) you run it to the acc. wire on the ignition so the amp powers up when the cars on or turned over to acc. and if you tap in to the speakers for signal you need a line out look thew this sectin of the forum if posted how tos on other threads on this subject and pic on one
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
FlyingDevil

Drives: 07 Corolla
well i just installed an amp and a 10" sub on my corolla with the stock HU.
what i did was, get an amp that has speaker-level inputs, so i didnt have to worry about buying RCA converters. i tapped into the rear right and left speakers for signal. and the turn-on lead or remote turn-on wire, i tapped that into the cig lighter cable. only problem is that when ever the car is on or key in acc the amp is on as well... so thats the only bad thing, is that it doesnt turn on with the HU, but the car... but that doesnt matter much since whenever the car is on, the radio is on aswell...
FlyingDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
BlueFlash
wa do dem

Drives: 2007 blue Lb
well thats your only option with a factory hu unless you tap in to the hu power

Last edited by BlueFlash; 06-08-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo
BlueFlash is offline   Reply With Quote