Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #19
omendt

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
I think I am going to bite on this deal. Has anyone else ordered these yet? How are they?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #20
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
I have these wheels and have been thinking about getting new wheels.... I guess if anyone is interested in them, send me a pm - I have 5 total but 1 is pretty damaged - the 4 on the car have 205-50-15 General Exclaim UHPs with lots of life left

I can send pics, but wont bother til I get a pm
Old 08-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
BrianS

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3DR LB
Got them.

I ended up finding a used set for a great price. For anyone considering them and wondering how they look on a Yaris, check out my garage you can see them on mine.

Last edited by BrianS; 08-22-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling error.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #22
omendt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
I ended up finding a used set for a great price. For anyone considering them and wondering how they look on a Yaris, check out my garage you can see them on mine.
Those look sharp on your car! I pulled the trigger and bought a set of these. I am going to install them sometime next week. I will take pictures and post them in my garage once I am done. I have been meaning to take pictures of the interior to post to.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #23
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
they certainly do look good
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #24
Roscoe

Drives: Sporty
Location: " When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong on one forgets. "
Quote:
Looks Good!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #25
BrianS

Thanks! I do love the look of them. :)

omendt, be sure to let us know when you get some pics. Would love to see them on another car.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #26
omendt

Quote:
Thanks! I do love the look of them. :)

omendt, be sure to let us know when you get some pics. Would love to see them on another car.
I will post some pics this weekend of the final product. So far this switch over has been less than enjoyable upgrade.

So when I placed the order, I was geeked to get these on. I get a call from Town and Country and they informed me that the shipping charged online was incorrect, and it would be an additional $45.00 to ship the rims (worked out to be about $20 an alloy to ship). I agreed, but was not happy. I kept telling myself that these are extremely discounted and it was no biggy.

I was able to get them over the weekend and put them on today. When I opened the one box, the one rim had some pretty bad damage all around the rim.

I contacted them today and they are sending me out another one, but now I am going to have to pay more money just to transfer one tire to the new rim (I didn't want to have a mismatch for a week).

So when all is said and done, I will definately post some pics of the wheels, along with all of the other fun tweeks I have done by using this forum.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #27
BrianS

Quote:
Originally Posted by omendt View Post
I will post some pics this weekend of the final product. So far this switch over has been less than enjoyable upgrade.

So when I placed the order, I was geeked to get these on. I get a call from Town and Country and they informed me that the shipping charged online was incorrect, and it would be an additional $45.00 to ship the rims (worked out to be about $20 an alloy to ship). I agreed, but was not happy. I kept telling myself that these are extremely discounted and it was no biggy.

I was able to get them over the weekend and put them on today. When I opened the one box, the one rim had some pretty bad damage all around the rim.

I contacted them today and they are sending me out another one, but now I am going to have to pay more money just to transfer one tire to the new rim (I didn't want to have a mismatch for a week).

So when all is said and done, I will definately post some pics of the wheels, along with all of the other fun tweeks I have done by using this forum.
Ugh, that's to bad. Well, it's a super good price even with the extra cost I guess, and I do love the look of these rims.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #28
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
they're $75 right now on the website. even though they're heavier(and recently more expensive) i like the look and will probably buy a set to mount to some winter tires i'm looking at. i've heard they're not tpms-compatible, but since i'm using them for winters i don't care too much(they'll only be on the car 3-4 months a year).
Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
The price is good , but according to the research I did at www.scionlife.com and TRD sparks the weight on those puppies appears to be about 17lbs, which to my way of thinking is a whole lot for a 15" rim. I looked into it because I think they look good too. The will likely cost you gas milage and probably slow you down. That might account for the price.
BS

My 17 lb scion rims (almost the same as these) didn't impact mpg at all. And they won't fall apart when I hit a pot hole like a 12 lb wheel will.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
gbucklew
spendinmymoney

Drives: '08 Yaris 3 door hatch
Everybody's missing the TPMS issue. It won't work with the O7 wheels, and you'll either have to disable or look at MIL's all day.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
Zebra

Drives: Yaris HB
I have a set of the rims pictured by the OP. Got them from an outfit in California off of eBay for $250 shipped. These were take-offs but didn't have a single scratch on them. My factory TPMS modules from the original steel wheels fit perfectly. I was able to buy new Toyota branded hubcovers. I like the look of them on my 2010 HB....