Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #37
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
will do!
Just checked- no go
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The combination meter gets the ABS info via the CAN bus, so unfortunately there really isn't a way to add the light to a non-ABS cluster.
lol no I meant that perhaps you could rig an external light that would do the same as the light in an abs equipped cluster. This way, finding a cluster with a tach won't be as hard.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #39
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
lol no I meant that perhaps you could rig an external light that would do the same as the light in an abs equipped cluster. This way, finding a cluster with a tach won't be as hard.
Understood. My point though was that ABS is controlled by the ECM and the only indicator output is via CAN BUS message to the cluster.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #40
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
The required cluster is proving virtually impossible to find for me. I'd really like to do the switch but in all honesty I wouldn't go as far as it would seem to be necessary to modify a cluster without the ABS light. There would always be the question in my mind whether the ABS is really ok. These warning lights are wonky as they are without a fool like me messing with them. Right now my 6 month old car has the tire pressure warning light lit and when I checked the actual tire pressure the tires are all ok. So it's to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty. Imagine getting your dealer to fix this problem with a modified cluster!
Closed Thread