Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
Now you just confused me even more. There's three wires coming out of the switch socket.

Black (which I grounded)
Green (in picture)
Red (in picture).

Where does each go?
It depends on there position in the switch connector. There should be four wires entering the green connector.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
I'll have to take it apart tomorrow and see. I only found three wires.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

To explain this a bit better, here is a top and bottom view of an open switch with the connector plugged in:

Fog Switch.jpg
Old 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
swidd

Okay,.. so there are four wires going into the switch. But I only found two coming out of the harness + the ground wire. The other one must be hidden inside the harness or be merged with the red/yellow wire coming out. As I put it back together already, I'm too lazy to take it apart to check, unless it really becomes necessary. It's so hot outside...

http://i.imgur.com/MmYoWzs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AmcxmpE.jpg

The good news is that the fog lights are working, and the switch is working.

The bad news is that, at least as far as I can tell in super bright sunlight, the switch illumination is still on with the ignition off.

I guess I can snip the "third" red wire, i.e. the one next to the grounding wire, to resolve this issue? I don't really need switch illumination or dash light; when it's dark I can tell by looking where I'm supposed to be looking while driving, to tell if they're on.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
Okay,.. so there are four wires going into the switch. But I only found two coming out of the harness + the ground wire. The other one must be hidden inside the harness or be merged with the red/yellow wire coming out. As I put it back together already, I'm too lazy to take it apart to check, unless it really becomes necessary. It's so hot outside...

http://i.imgur.com/MmYoWzs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AmcxmpE.jpg

The good news is that the fog lights are working, and the switch is working.

The bad news is that, at least as far as I can tell in super bright sunlight, the switch illumination is still on with the ignition off.

I guess I can snip the "third" red wire, i.e. the one next to the grounding wire, to resolve this issue? I don't really need switch illumination or dash light; when it's dark I can tell by looking where I'm supposed to be looking while driving, to tell if they're on.

The reason the light is still on is that the lighting and switching circuits are bridged. In order to separate them, you have to split all four wires apart.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
swidd

Snipped wire, and nothing exploded. Now everything works perfect.

Thanks ctscott!!