Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Another question a serious buyer would ask is who built the car, if not yourself?
And if you did it yourself, a little background on your abilities?

thanks!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #20
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
Another question a serious buyer would ask is who built the car, if not yourself?
And if you did it yourself, a little background on your abilities?

thanks!
and you're not the serious buyer are you
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #21
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ aren't they still fair questions?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #22
uberegg

Drives: 2005 Scion xA
I personally built the entire car. I've been building my own "tuner" cars for the last six years and I'm currently working on my third car (AE86) which will be more involved than the Scion was or could be.

As for my background, I am a full time manager at Advance Auto Parts, been doing that for four years, and a part time mechanic on the weekends so knowledge of what to put in a car and how to do it is there. I have done everything from suspension, brakes, exhaust, driveline mechanical, electrical including build my own wiring harnesses and repairing factory harnesses, and I even do body work and fabrication as well.

If you are questioning the quality of my build, which any prospective buyer has the right to do, you have nothing to worry about. The engine I have built for this car has been more reliable and stronger than the factory engine was. As I said in my description I have replaced every single fastener in the engine for two reasons: First, I absolutely hate when people reuse primary engine fasteners. All the rod, main, head, and intake manifold studs or bolts were replaced with OEM bolts from Toyota. The exhaust manifold bolts were all replaced with extended length grade 8 studs and they are secured by stainless steel nuts and stainless steel lock washers.

Between the gaskets and the factory bolts I spent close to 500 on just those parts. Second, regardless of weather the Toyota factory fasteners are torque to yield or not I was building a performance engine and I didn't want to cut any corners. I even went out and bought a new torque wrench just to put this engine together and it has been sitting in a case waiting for me to build the 20 valve engine for the AE86.

All of the bearings were Plastigauged and the piston rings were gapped according to CP Pistons gap specification for turbo applications. In case you were wondering, CP Pistons pre-gapped the rings but I still spent 3 hours checking the gap clearances on every ring for every cylinder, and, all of the bearings were cleaned on both sides with denatured alcohol before assembly.

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
uberegg

Price has changed.

Also, coming this weekend, will be some updated pictures with the graphics removed, and the factory seating in the car.

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
uberegg

Just in case anyone didn't see.

The price is now $13,000 and I will entertain offers.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #25
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
and you're not the serious buyer are you
You never know, I could be tamago #2 on this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ aren't they still fair questions?
I thought so, especially when spending $$ on a mod list that large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberegg View Post
I personally built the entire car. I've been building my own "tuner" cars for the last six years and I'm currently working on my third car (AE86) which will be more involved than the Scion was or could be.

As for my background, I am a full time manager at Advance Auto Parts, been doing that for four years, and a part time mechanic on the weekends so knowledge of what to put in a car and how to do it is there. I have done everything from suspension, brakes, exhaust, driveline mechanical, electrical including build my own wiring harnesses and repairing factory harnesses, and I even do body work and fabrication as well.

If you are questioning the quality of my build, which any prospective buyer has the right to do, you have nothing to worry about. The engine I have built for this car has been more reliable and stronger than the factory engine was. As I said in my description I have replaced every single fastener in the engine for two reasons: First, I absolutely hate when people reuse primary engine fasteners. All the rod, main, head, and intake manifold studs or bolts were replaced with OEM bolts from Toyota. The exhaust manifold bolts were all replaced with extended length grade 8 studs and they are secured by stainless steel nuts and stainless steel lock washers.

Between the gaskets and the factory bolts I spent close to 500 on just those parts. Second, regardless of weather the Toyota factory fasteners are torque to yield or not I was building a performance engine and I didn't want to cut any corners. I even went out and bought a new torque wrench just to put this engine together and it has been sitting in a case waiting for me to build the 20 valve engine for the AE86.

All of the bearings were Plastigauged and the piston rings were gapped according to CP Pistons gap specification for turbo applications. In case you were wondering, CP Pistons pre-gapped the rings but I still spent 3 hours checking the gap clearances on every ring for every cylinder, and, all of the bearings were cleaned on both sides with denatured alcohol before assembly.

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Thanks for the detailed writeup. I do believe this car is worth your asking price, i just don't like my cars looking that pretty. J/K.. good luck, i hope you get what you want for it!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #26
uberegg

Pricing is now changed. $11,995

You will get this car, completely turbo charged with everything to support it, a set of winter wheels and summer wheels both with tires, factory two tone seats installed, and two custom hoods. And yes, there will be no graphics on the car, I have already begun to remove them.

I will entertain reasonable offers folks, and if you are in the area, test drives are available.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #27
uberegg

As stated earlier I would post a picture of the car with the graphics off the car.

Here is it as of this afternoon:

Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #28
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
looks better nakey :)
Old 11-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #29
Giupo

Drives: Yaris
UP!!
excellent car, very very good offer!
Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Such a nice car.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #31
uberegg

Last price change before it goes up on E-bay!

New Price is 11,000 or best offer.

Car runs great in the winter time as well, even in single digit temps and it handles well in light snow.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
uberegg

Still available folks, have not put in on ebay yet.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #33
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
very nice car m8. Dont think any1 here has the funds for that unless they sell there Yaris.... GL with sale tho
Old 01-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #34
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
if i was local i may jump on it. but then again still paying for the yaris..
Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #35
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Holy shit do want
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #36
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
That is gorgeous!
Are you looking for trades?

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
Closed Thread