Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Effizienz

Drives: 1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchb
For Sale: 1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback 5sp Manual

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback 5sp Manual

Sold by Original Owner. All OEM parts, no modifications. Car was adult driven for everyday commute. Both CarFax and AutoCheck reports without accidents or issues. Clean Title ready for transfer of ownership.

Engine: 1.6L 125 HP I4

EPA MPG RATING: 29 City; 35 Highway.

I consistently measured 31 City; 37 Highway if cruising between 75 and 80 mph with tires pressurized to 90% of max, no A/C and windows only half open.

Mileage: below 210,000

The Odometer failed last year. I have Odometer Records from my Mechanic (Quality Auto in Coral Springs) up to 11/6/10 when odometer was working and mileage was 199,410. These records indicate a steady increase of mileage at an average rate of 8,000 per year. Although the Odometer reads approximately 204,000, the estimated actual mileage is between 208,000 and 210,000.

Maintenance/Repair History:

I have an Excel Spreadsheet detailing all the service and repairs done on vehicle since brand new. This spreadsheet includes, date, mileage, description and the shop where service was performed. I will email this to any potential buyer if requested. I have invoices, receipts and other documentation to prove that all of this work was actually performed.

Highlights of Important Repairs/Maintenance:

11/6/2010 199410 4 New Hankook Optimo H418 Tires, Quality Auto Service
Tire Mounting, High Speed Spin Balancing/ Four Wheel Alignment
11/3/2010 199325 Replaced both Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
10/29/2010 199211 Oil Change and Filte/ Replaced Engine Value Cover Gasket,
spark plug tube seals and grommets/ Replace Driver Side Front Axle Shaft Assembly
5/23/2010 196117 51R Duralast Gold Battery
4/22/2010 194354 Fuel Filter
12/3/2009 191513 Replace Heater Hose and Clamps (includes drain, refill and bleed and retest cooling system)
11/20/2009 191280 Check Engine Light Diagnostic / Fuel Injection Service
(clean throttle body, idle control, intake, injectors, valves and fuel lines)/ Tune Up
11/13/2009 191127 Replace Steering Wheel Clock Spring/ Horn and Speedometer Diagnosis
11/6/2009 190980 Replace Oil Pan Gasket, Oil Change and Filter, Replace Distributor Shaft Seal

8/22/2006 165600 Replaced Fuel Pump
8/21/2006 165600 Replace Cluth Assmbly, Oil Pan Gasket, Distributor O-ring, Steering Rack and Pinion,
2 Tire Rod Ends, 2 Axle Seals, Brake Fluid, 4 Plugs and Upper Hose
9/8/2003 130788 Replace Timing Belt/Water Pump/Drive Belts and Engine Seals/Replaced Both Front Rotors
and Front Brake Pads/Replace Radiator Cap/ Oil Change and Filter

Issues:

Check Engine Light is on. I had two mechanics independently run a diagnostic test and both confirmed it is due to a faulty 02 Sensor. I have documentation to prove this. I purchased a brand new O2 Sensor, however I did not have it installed because the old one is fused to the exhaust manifold and removing it might strip the threads. My mechanic suggested that a spare exhaust manifold be available in case the old one needs to be replaced. The car's CPU is programmed to a default setting when O2 Sensor is malfunctioning so overall efficiency isn't affected. New 02 Sensor comes with the car.

Paint chipping and cracking. Need at least primer to protect metal over the long run. Stratches, dents and bumps are present. Needs thorough bodywork if aesthetics are important.

A/C does now work. Needs new Compressor. (Documentation available.)

Minor (very little volume) leak of rain water into Driver's Side -- slowly creeping in on carpet directly below the clutch.

The following instruments on Dashboard Cluster do not work: Speedometer, Odometer, Brake light is on without cause. The Dashboard Cluster does not illuminate when headlights are turned on.

Cruise Control button to start is stubborn Must press and hold to start. Once active, no issues.

Sun Roof is self powered but stubborn sometimes. Sometimes needs manual assistance to shut.

The plastic parts which the ends of the pistons attached to the hatchback rear window came off. These pistons are for maintaining the rear window up while loading/unloading the trunk. Kept all original parts for future repair.

AutoCheck and CarFax reports as well as all Maintenance records are available upon request. I just recently went through the used car buying experience and understand well what a buyer needs to make a confident decision. Please let me know if you need any other information and/or documentation.

If it wasn't for the high insurance premiums for owning two cars, I would be keeping this car. I still enjoy driving it and have spent a great deal of money and time to maintain it in a safe and mechanically very good condition. As you can tell, I did not invest in the looks or accessories.
Over the years, I developed an Excel Spreadsheet to track all maintenance and repairs. The spreadsheet gives automated warnings when a particular maintenance service is due or how many miles before it is due. I have one sheet based on the maintenance schedule provided by the Honda Owner's Manual and another based on the schedule published in the Haynes Repair Manual for this model and year. I will email this spreadsheet to the buyer.

Car includes two keys, spare tire, jack and tools, original Owner's Manual, Haynes Repair Manual, and Brand New 02 Sensor still in box
Please contact Chris at (954) 294-0572 for questions, offers or to schedule an appointment to inspect/ test drive the car. I will also promptly reply to emails.

Complete Ad: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2722642050
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civic1.JPG (355.3 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg civic2.JPG (292.3 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg civic3.JPG (327.7 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg civic4.JPG (258.4 KB, 300 views)
Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Effizienz

Price Lowered to $3,500
Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I guess You only resgistered to sell your car and we don't know you so I'll offer you 1,500 and I'll pick it up
Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Effizienz

I have documentation since the car was brand new. You don't need to know me.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
The reason why I said that is because you only made a account just to sell your car
Old 12-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
body on that car shows its 20 years old.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
The reason why I said that is because you only made a account just to sell your car
So what? Looks like a reasonable deal and a very complete for sale post to me. I'd be interested if I wasn't on the other coast.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Effizienz

Price Lowered to $3,250

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback 5sp Manual

Sold by Original Owner – No Trades. All OEM parts, no modifications. Car was adult driven for everyday commute. Both CarFax and AutoCheck reports without accidents or issues. Clean Title ready for transfer of ownership.

Engine: 1.6L 125 HP I4

EPA MPG RATING: 29 City; 35 Highway.

I consistently measured 31 City; 37 Highway if cruising between 75 and 80 mph with tires pressurized to 90% of max, no A/C and windows only half open.

Mileage: below 210,000

The Odometer failed last year. I have Odometer Records from my Mechanic (Quality Auto in Coral Springs) up to 11/6/10 when odometer was working and mileage was 199,410. These records indicate a steady increase of mileage at an average rate of 8,000 per year. Although the Odometer reads approximately 204,000, the estimated actual mileage is between 208,000 and 210,000.

Maintenance/Repair History:

I have an Excel Spreadsheet detailing all the service and repairs done on vehicle since brand new. This spreadsheet includes, date, mileage, description and the shop where service was performed. I will email this to any potential buyer if requested. I have invoices, receipts and other documentation to prove that all of this work was actually performed.

Highlights of Important Repairs/Maintenance:

11/6/2010 199410 4 New Hankook Optimo H418 Tires, Quality Auto Service
Tire Mounting, High Speed Spin Balancing/ Four Wheel Alignment
11/3/2010 199325 Replaced both Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
10/29/2010 199211 Oil Change and Filte/ Replaced Engine Value Cover Gasket,
spark plug tube seals and grommets/ Replace Driver Side Front Axle Shaft Assembly
5/23/2010 196117 51R Duralast Gold Battery
4/22/2010 194354 Fuel Filter
12/3/2009 191513 Replace Heater Hose and Clamps (includes drain, refill and bleed and retest cooling system)
11/20/2009 191280 Check Engine Light Diagnostic / Fuel Injection Service
(clean throttle body, idle control, intake, injectors, valves and fuel lines)/ Tune Up
11/13/2009 191127 Replace Steering Wheel Clock Spring/ Horn and Speedometer Diagnosis
11/6/2009 190980 Replace Oil Pan Gasket, Oil Change and Filter, Replace Distributor Shaft Seal

8/22/2006 165600 Replaced Fuel Pump
8/21/2006 165600 Replace Cluth Assmbly, Oil Pan Gasket, Distributor O-ring, Steering Rack and Pinion,
2 Tire Rod Ends, 2 Axle Seals, Brake Fluid, 4 Plugs and Upper Hose
9/8/2003 130788 Replace Timing Belt/Water Pump/Drive Belts and Engine Seals/Replaced Both Front Rotors
and Front Brake Pads/Replace Radiator Cap/ Oil Change and Filter

Issues:

Check Engine Light is on. I had two mechanics independently run a diagnostic test and both confirmed it is due to a faulty 02 Sensor. I have documentation to prove this. I purchased a brand new O2 Sensor, however I did not have it installed because the old one is fused to the exhaust manifold and removing it might strip the threads. My mechanic suggested that a spare exhaust manifold be available in case the old one needs to be replaced. The car’s CPU is programmed to a default setting when O2 Sensor is malfunctioning so overall efficiency isn’t affected. New 02 Sensor comes with the car.

Paint chipping and cracking. Need at least primer to protect metal over the long run. Stratches, dents and bumps are present. Needs thorough bodywork if aesthetics are important.

A/C does not work. Needs new Compressor. (Documentation available.)

Minor (very little volume) leak of rain water into Driver’s Side – slowly creeping in on carpet directly below the clutch.

The following instruments on Dashboard Cluster do not work: Speedometer, Odometer, Brake light is on without cause. The Dashboard Cluster does not illuminate when headlights are turned on.

Cruise Control button to start is stubborn Must press and hold to start. Once active, no issues.

Sun Roof is self powered but stubborn sometimes. Sometimes needs manual assistance to shut.

The plastic parts which the ends of the pistons attached to the hatchback rear window came off. These pistons are for maintaining the rear window up while loading/unloading the trunk. Kept all original parts for future repair.

AutoCheck and CarFax reports as well as all Maintenance records are available upon request. I just recently went through the used car buying experience and understand well what a buyer needs to make a confident decision. Please let me know if you need any other information and/or documentation.

If it wasn’t for the high insurance premiums for owning two cars, I would be keeping this car. I still enjoy driving it and have spent a great deal of money and time to maintain it in a safe and mechanically very good condition. As you can tell, I did not invest in the looks or accessories.
Over the years, I developed an Excel Spreadsheet to track all maintenance and repairs. The spreadsheet gives automated warnings when a particular maintenance service is due or how many miles before it is due. I have one sheet based on the maintenance schedule provided by the Honda Owner’s Manual and another based on the schedule published in the Haynes Repair Manual for this model and year. I will email this spreadsheet to the buyer.
Car includes two keys, spare tire, jack and tools, original Owner’s Manual, Haynes Repair Manual, and Brand New 02 Sensor still in box
Please contact Chris at (954) 294-0572 for questions, offers or to schedule an appointment to inspect/ test drive the car. I will also promptly reply to emails. I have 27 detailed photos of exterior, interior and engine compartment. Please send an email request for photos.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Did you just post the whole thing again?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
^^^? yeah, cool