Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
dean_park

Drives: 2011 VW Golf TDI
DRL to city/aux fog/LED

I like the idea of DRLs... but I really don't like the factory DRL in the Yaris.
What I've done in the past on my RSX-s is add a relay to the city light, so when the ON position is enabled, the city light in the high beam housing was enabled.
For my Element, I used the same relay, but added an 8W bayonet style bulb to the housing for the H4 bulb (city light add-on). It works OK, but a little dim.

The Yaris has the 10V going to the H4, but I'd really like to make it go to something else, like the small city light in the headlight housing or to a set of LED fogs. I wouldn't want the fogs to do anything else, but turn on when the DRLs normally do. Is there a wire that can be removed from near the headlight or DRL module and routed somewhere else? I assume there is a place where the 10V+ from the DRL ties into the regular 12V+ to go to the H4 bulb.
dean_park is offline   Reply With Quote