Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #199
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
Really guys? Really? Because I can find plenty of f'n nut jobs on liberal sites, too. J-F'N-C way to be 'tolerant'
LOL. Yes, there are plenty of f'n liberal nut job sites too and if you post a link to one I'll call it bullshit just like this one. By the way, calling for that site to be closed would be intolerant, calling it ridiculous bullshit is just stating an opinion. As much as I think it's a crackpot site, it has a right to exist.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #200
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
I took took look at that sight. It has something about a strawberry jam fetish and dead actors crossed with right wing world domination fantasies?
Altitude, I've got to tell you everytime I see your avatar, I can help but hearing all of your post in Meatwad's voice... and that is always a bad thing.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 08-16-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #201
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
Altitude, I've got to tell you everytime I see your avatar, I can help but hearing all of your post in Meatwad's voice... and that is always a bad thing.
I want candy! - M.C. Pee Pants

Well, to be honest I was getting tired of it so I'll probably change it soon. How about James Earl Jones?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #202
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

It would lend your posts a great deal of authority, I would hate the loss of Meatwad however, I meant to say not always a bad thing

Last edited by Bob Dog; 08-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #203
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
You have no reason to argue the subject after admitting that you didn't read it, and that you will just take the word of someone else.

You should run for congress - they seem to do the same thing.
Did you read it? No. Are you still arguing about it? Yes. FFS stop being a hypocrite. I pay taxes as well as you (probably) do, so I can argue anything I want. And while we're on the subject, I didn't even argue this way or that. All I did was provide a RESOURCE, and you're getting all huffy and puffy because you think the resource doesn't support your (I guess we can assume FALSE) claims.

Well I've got news for you, that website is not affiliated with any side. They have proven this on multiple occasions by correcting falsehoods perpetrated by liberals, republicans, or any other political ideology that has established itself.

You're not getting anywhere by telling me I should run for congress in a snarky way. This is one step short of blatant name-calling. Grow up and stick to the issues.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #204
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Quote:
I have not said I have read it (just clarifying )
Here's your quote, just to clarify. Take a step back, take a deep breath and come back when you have something to say that isn't full of unwarranted, and frankly hypocritical, flames.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #205
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hug it out guys.

I'm anxious to see if the left mobilizes for 2010 like they did for 2008. They certainly are content to watch the health care debate from the couch.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #206
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I'm anxious to see if the left mobilizes for 2010 like they did for 2008. They certainly are content to watch the health care debate from the couch.
Hmmmm.... does that really qualify as a "debate" at this stage?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #207
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
Did you read it? No. Are you still arguing about it? Yes. FFS stop being a hypocrite. I pay taxes as well as you (probably) do, so I can argue anything I want. And while we're on the subject, I didn't even argue this way or that. All I did was provide a RESOURCE, and you're getting all huffy and puffy because you think the resource doesn't support your (I guess we can assume FALSE) claims.

Well I've got news for you, that website is not affiliated with any side. They have proven this on multiple occasions by correcting falsehoods perpetrated by liberals, republicans, or any other political ideology that has established itself.

You're not getting anywhere by telling me I should run for congress in a snarky way. This is one step short of blatant name-calling. Grow up and stick to the issues.
1. I don't want it - I don't have to read anything to know I don't want it. I don't want it just simply because I will be forced to pay for it regardless if I use it or not. The only reason you SHOULD read it is if you're supporting it. Because you should know why you ARE supporting it and know that you're supporting it because it supports your ideals and you're beliefs. And you're right, I do pay taxes - $268 between federal and state per check alone, and that isn't including what my husband pays, I feel it and am reminded of it every week

2. I don't care who makes it - it doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't just roll over and believe what you hear. That's the point I'm making - politicians, no matter what side they are on will lie to you if need be. I'm not a republican, and I'm not a democrat and I don't really care for either party :)

3. It's not name calling. It's me being a sarcastic smart ass, which I have a habit of doing and not really meaning for it to be taken as deeply as it often it. So I apologize for that - while I did mean it to be a sarcastic comment I didn't mean for it to truly offend.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #208
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidTimeOff View Post
Here's your quote, just to clarify. Take a step back, take a deep breath and come back when you have something to say that isn't full of unwarranted, and frankly hypocritical, flames.
I don't have to read it. I don't support it. I don't NEED to know exact details of why I don't support it - just the basis of what it is makes me not support it.

I just don't think that anyone should be so sure of something when they don't know without a shadow of a doubt it is really something your ideals support. That's all I'm saying.

Just because I'm against it doesn't mean I think everyone should be - I just think that you shouldn't trust what some guy in Washington tells you... or any website for that matter. Sure it's a great start when collecting information but there has to be more ... that's all I'm saying.

I really don't consider that a flame.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #209
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Hug it out guys.
If anyone wants to drive to Minnesota, I'll hug it out with them. LOL
Old 08-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #210
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Wait till your a little older have some serious medical expenses and get canceled, only to find your premiums have almost doubled with any other insurance company that will write you and that most of the reasons you would carry insurance for are considered preexisting conditions. Then you will start seeing with your wallet instead of through your running mouth. I suspect the real reason you go on and on is you enjoy the pleasure of being the center of attention.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 08-18-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #211
mo_feezy

Drives: 08 Yaris S Sedan AT Black
Quote:
I don't have to read it. I don't support it. I don't NEED to know exact details of why I don't support it - just the basis of what it is makes me not support it.

I just don't think that anyone should be so sure of something when they don't know without a shadow of a doubt it is really something your ideals support. That's all I'm saying.
:
this is ridiculous. you should know exactly why you don't support it just the same as people who support it should know exactly why they support it.

otherwise you are only not supporting it because of what you heard about it (most likely by someone who has a vested interest in it not making it through congress)

if you are really against it because:
Quote:
1. I don't want it - I don't have to read anything to know I don't want it. I don't want it just simply because I will be forced to pay for it regardless if I use it or not. The only reason you SHOULD read it is if you're supporting it. Because you should know why you ARE supporting it and know that you're supporting it because it supports your ideals and you're beliefs. And you're right, I do pay taxes - $268 between federal and state per check alone, and that isn't including what my husband pays, I feel it and am reminded of it every week
then you should be against medicare, public education, public bridges and roadways, etc.

is that the case?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #212
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
Quote:
Was there a lady on there that was claiming a swine flu shot was really a depopulation conspiracy?

Whackkkk jobbbsssss.
yup! some posts are borderline dangerous and if you don't agree with their views then you're a troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
I wouldn't spend too much time at that site. Your IQ is likely to drop just from having the page up on your screen.
always try to know your opponent!

Quote:
Hug it out guys.
phuck you ari gould!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #213
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_feezy View Post
this is ridiculous. you should know exactly why you don't support it just the same as people who support it should know exactly why they support it.

otherwise you are only not supporting it because of what you heard about it (most likely by someone who has a vested interest in it not making it through congress)

if you are really against it because:

then you should be against medicare, public education, public bridges and roadways, etc.

is that the case?
I do know exactly why I don't support it - the basis of what it stands for goes against what I believe in. I don't think anyone has a 'right' to insurance, and I don't think the government should be in control of health care. I have my ideals and they have theirs - on this issue, like so many others, I don't agree with them. I already said that ... twice, I believe.

Medicare - Partially, but really that is a whole 'nother topic in itself ... there needs to be tighter restrictions on it, and I should have the option of paying for it or not. If I don't want it, I shouldn't be forced to pay for it for other people. No offense, but outside of my friends/family I could give a shit less if you have medical coverage. For my friends/family I would sell everything I owned to make sure they were taken care of. As I would hope anyone else would do for theirs. I really feel that we as a society have gotten so far away from the 'let's help our own' and become such an entitlement society that we feel it's everyone else's job to make sure we are taken care of. I completely disagree.
Public education - I don't like public schools ... I am not 100% sure how I feel about the voucher program and things of that nature, but I think there should be some sort of choice for parents who want to send their children to private institutions to get a quality education without being forced to support the shit hole public schools. The voucher program I have heard has some issues to work out - but I don't have kids and I'm in college so it's not something that I am 100% interested in.
Infrastructure That is one of the 'necessary' taxes, IMO - however, it needs to be for roads and bridges ... no pork needs to be thrown into it for other frivolous items just to squeeze a bit more out of hard working Americans.

*correction* I don't agree with the majority of what our government does right now.

Last edited by JBougie; 08-17-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #214
mo_feezy

Drives: 08 Yaris S Sedan AT Black
So without reading it, you've decided that this bill puts the government in control of healthcare?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #215
elmo
WFO

Drives: 2008 hb
has anyone EVER see a program that the government runs work without putting strains on the already overburdened tax payer
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #216
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Where is this perceived strain? Solution: don't look at the "tax" column on your paycheck. You won't miss it.

PS: Rachel Maddow is now my hero.
Closed Thread