Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ well, so it's not for you, that's cool. But I think it's going to serve a great many customers who don't want to custom wire a standalone.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #20
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
yes this pleases me................ btw Garm when can we expect that turbo kit? *taps fingers*
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Any pics of the actual Yaris one installed? The one picture that I've seen thus far of the 1NZ-FE one doesn't match the connectors for the Yaris. I'm curious as there is very little space above the OEM connectors, so it seems like the ECM would have to be lowered to fit this.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #22
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Any pics of the actual Yaris one installed? The one picture that I've seen thus far of the 1NZ-FE one doesn't match the connectors for the Yaris. I'm curious as there is very little space above the OEM connectors, so it seems like the ECM would have to be lowered to fit this.
The unit pictured it what is use on the Yaris, TC & xB. The reason that the connector dont match is that this unit is originally designed for the Tacoma. A jumper harness is use to convert from Tacoma plugs to the car it is going to be used on. Also there a some internal mods that are done.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
The unit pictured it what is use on the Yaris, TC & xB. The reason that the connector dont match is that this unit is originally designed for the Tacoma. A jumper harness is use to convert from Tacoma plugs to the car it is going to be used on. Also there a some internal mods that are done.
OK, but I'd still like to see it mounted to see how it and the cables fit into place.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #24
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'm sure pictures will be forthcoming. I believe Dezod JUST got it working on the Yaris they are testing with.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Drives: Scions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
I am happy that groups like Allan Phillips Racing and Dezod Motorsports are putting interest on our engine but I am still not convinced about the ecu versus price tag.

1.) VVTi Control :- One of the disadvantages I already seeing is that the X-one ecu is not capable of controlling the Variable Cam Timing but it is the stock ecu that handles it. For stock users it's not a big deal but people buying aftermarket ecus are not willing to remain stock. If running a built motor with forced induction the need to control VVTi is essential.

2.) Anti- Lag Launch Control:- Is one of the features that I like on aftermarket ecus and this seems that it hasn't any.

3.) Map Sensor:- Normally this is built into the ecu. Does the X-one ecu has it?

4.) Aux System :- Does this AUX recognizes only sensor inputs? What about output controls ?

5.) Regarding Price with 2K I bought a Haltech Ecu 1000 (Ones that compete with Motec systems) + Haltech external ignitors + Haltech dual channel wideband + Haltech Air/Water Temp calibrated + Shipping.
1) The stock ECU does a decent job of doing VVT on the platform. So, the X1 lets the stock ECU operate that. Tuning VVT is cumbersome for sure. There are gains there, but we sold our Scion tC AEM EMS with the capability of tuning it, and of all of the units sold, I can count on one hand how many people actually took the time to tune it.

2) This unit has 2 step launch control. Fully programmable for your needs. VSS threshold, fixed ign spark and rpm launch point.

3) No MAP sensors. This setup uses MAF, which is much more accurate and makes nice small changes on the fly with respect to temp variation, baro pressure and small VE changes.

4) The aux inputs and outputs can be used a number of different ways. You can get real creative, but most use them for IC sprayers, shift lights and additional sensors like multiple EGT inputs or thermocouples.

5) Having played with MANY different standalones over time, I was not impressed with Haltech at all. I wish you luck with it, and for the record, having played with both systems, that system is nowhere near Motec. Motec is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Haltech. Haltech is like a 5th grader and Motec is like a high school grad.

The unit comes with a complete wiring harness for the application, which makes foe ease of install or un-install.
W: www.dezod.com

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Dezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I'm sure pictures will be forthcoming. I believe Dezod JUST got it working on the Yaris they are testing with.
The harnesses for the 2009 Yaris S are insane. I can snap a pic of it as it's the identical wiring to a 2008 xB.

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #27
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod View Post
1) The stock ECU does a decent job of doing VVT on the platform. So, the X1 lets the stock ECU operate that. Tuning VVT is cumbersome for sure. There are gains there, but we sold our Scion tC AEM EMS with the capability of tuning it, and of all of the units sold, I can count on one hand how many people actually took the time to tune it.

2) This unit has 2 step launch control. Fully programmable for your needs. VSS threshold, fixed ign spark and rpm launch point.

3) No MAP sensors. This setup uses MAF, which is much more accurate and makes nice small changes on the fly with respect to temp variation, baro pressure and small VE changes.

4) The aux inputs and outputs can be used a number of different ways. You can get real creative, but most use them for IC sprayers, shift lights and additional sensors like multiple EGT inputs or thermocouples.

5) Having played with MANY different standalones over time, I was not impressed with Haltech at all. I wish you luck with it, and for the record, having played with both systems, that system is nowhere near Motec. Motec is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Haltech. Haltech is like a 5th grader and Motec is like a high school grad.

The unit comes with a complete wiring harness for the application, which makes foe ease of install or un-install.
That's a good reply and sure seems tempting to own one especially for those in progress to build their engines.

Although I hope you are wrong with Haltech since this isn't cheap to obtain. Keep in mind that Haltech has a wide range of ecus from the cheapest E6X to the best Platinum Sprint Series. Mine is the Platinum Sport series which is one of their tops.

If you posted this some weeks ago, I would be thinking of yours anyway.

Keep us updated
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #28
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
That's a good reply and sure seems tempting to own one especially for those in progress to build their engines.

Although I hope you are wrong with Haltech since this isn't cheap to obtain. Keep in mind that Haltech has a wide range of ecus from the cheapest E6X to the best Platinum Sprint Series. Mine is the Platinum Sport series which is one of their tops.

If you posted this some weeks ago, I would be thinking of yours anyway.

Keep us updated
The Platinum series was quite weak IMO. I was like a watered down AEM EMS.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod View Post
The harnesses for the 2009 Yaris S are insane. I can snap a pic of it as it's the identical wiring to a 2008 xB.

When wll you be trying this on the Scion xD?

This will be important for us Yaris T-Sport owners (our Yaris has the same engine and ECU as the XD)

I checked on the TIS and the connector and pin out are them same between the US Yaris and the 1.8L 2ZR The only difference was one extra cable for the dual VVTI signal. So hopefully you will be able to use the same harness for the Scion xD.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #30
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post

This will be important for us Yaris T-Sport owners (our Yaris has the same engine and ECU as the XD)

I checked on the TIS and the connector and pin out are them same between the US Yaris and the 1.8L 2ZR The only difference was one extra cable for the dual VVTI signal. So hopefully you will be able to use the same harness for the Scion xD.
Im sure it will work on the xD. Dezod has it working on the TC, xB2 & now the Yaris. The issue with the xD is that no one is modifying them. So good luck trying to find someone to try it if its not free which is not fair to Dezod.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post

We have had VERY minimal xD modders here. I can count on one hand how many people have called us about modding their xD. So I doubt it will occur unless we get someone gung ho about it and willing to do some R&D with us.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #32
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
something that just crossed my mind. where would you go to tune this? are there people in fl that are familiar with the device to get the most out of it.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #33
The Spectacle

Drives: 08 BSP LB
Does the Yaris share a common ECU with any other Toyota? Very interesting that AEM hasn't released a PnP standalone for it. I personally would not play with any system that requires the stock ECU to function for anything other than rudimentary functions like DBW or gauges
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #34
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
something that just crossed my mind. where would you go to tune this? are there people in fl that are familiar with the device to get the most out of it.
We can tune it via email or you can take it any tuner and have them learn the software. We wrote a 16 page tuning guide for it and is available for DL on our site.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #35
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spectacle View Post
Does the Yaris share a common ECU with any other Toyota? Very interesting that AEM hasn't released a PnP standalone for it. I personally would not play with any system that requires the stock ECU to function for anything other than rudimentary functions like DBW or gauges
Appears to be the same as the 08 xB2 with the 09 Yaris. AEM has not even released the tC PNP EMS, which they have been speaking about releasing for the past 4 years. So that fact that the yaris does not have one, does not surprise me either.

Lastly, reprogramming the stock ECU with this unit works quite well on the tC and xB2. The tunes are crisp, offer lots of control and work well on all sides of tuning N/A or FI. I was a disbeliever too until I played with it.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #36
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
curious...have you done any applications for the 2zz?

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote