Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2023, 06:25 PM   #1
youtube.com/KARR

Drives: 2007 garm yaris
Exclamation Abandoned [MicroImage] 2007 Garm (Cali_Yaris) turbo yaris

I recently found and bought the old microimage yaris owned by Garm

figured you guys might enjoy seeing it still exist.

youtube.com/KARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:23 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Is it still running or did the motor eventually blow?
Old 01-25-2023, 08:54 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
hell even if the motor blew assuming you can turn a wrench....it would be less than a grand to rebuild it

nice score..what did ya pay for it

forgive my shit memory...but is this the car that "had to be destroyed"..i remember there being a car built on a TRD test mule or something that had to be destroyed..leaving it in a storage unit to get auctioned assures is "lien" ability to get titled legaly
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:36 AM   #4
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Is it still running or did the motor eventually blow?
It runs!! I bought the car from a storage unit place.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:37 AM   #5
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
hell even if the motor blew assuming you can turn a wrench....it would be less than a grand to rebuild it

nice score..what did ya pay for it

forgive my shit memory...but is this the car that "had to be destroyed"..i remember there being a car built on a TRD test mule or something that had to be destroyed..leaving it in a storage unit to get auctioned assures is "lien" ability to get titled legaly
No this isnt a trd mule. But it is a really cool yaris build. I gotta really good deal on it all i will say.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:41 AM   #6
youtube.com/KARR

I got it to run but has injector stuck issues. I only ran for like 10 secs or so.

I have ordered all new injectors deka 60lb same as what was in it. And ordered other new fuel related stuff like FPR (aem FPR was bad inside) ,DW filter 5 micron, and a new walbro/TI automotive pump.

After I get these installed will run the car again and work on some other issues.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:20 AM   #7
WeeYari

Only a handful of us left here who know who/what Garm/cali_yaris/MicroImage was.
I really enjoyed watching this car go from a stock 2007 to a less aggressive, still considered a daily driver build. It was a thing of beauty. Lost it for me when it became a mission for power (357 whp?), stripped down race beast.

sh0rtlife; I believe you are thinking of Jason@SportsCar. He acquired preproduction models to do race builds. After a couple seasons, those cars had to be crushed as they were never eligible for resale. Either that or SEMA builds which also were doomed for the crusher.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:39 PM   #8
sh0rtlife

yeah thats the car i was confusing it with...such a wealth of stuff on this site its easy to confuse some details

hell even if its a gutted car currently..no reason it cant be "dialed back" into beeing a road ripper with full gut..so it puts on some LBS..even if the HP was dialed back to 300 it would be a riot on the street
Old 01-26-2023, 10:47 PM   #9
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Only a handful of us left here who know who/what Garm/cali_yaris/MicroImage was.
I really enjoyed watching this car go from a stock 2007 to a less aggressive, still considered a daily driver build. It was a thing of beauty. Lost it for me when it became a mission for power (357 whp?), stripped down race beast.

sh0rtlife; I believe you are thinking of Jason@SportsCar. He acquired preproduction models to do race builds. After a couple seasons, those cars had to be crushed as they were never eligible for resale. Either that or SEMA builds which also were doomed for the crusher.
Yeah i have read all the forum post from garm on here. And def seems his journey was cool with this little car build. I havent been on any forum in years almost feels weird typing on here now haha. Reminds me of different times before facebook....I am mostly a 240sx guy had over 100 of them through the years. And here I picked up this oddball fwd car that garm dumped a bunch on money into. And I do like the little car its interesting.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:55 AM   #10
sh0rtlife

at the end of the day they are flickable gokarts..and they grow on ya fast
Old 01-28-2023, 01:42 AM   #11
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
at the end of the day they are flickable gokarts..and they grow on ya fast
I am excited to drive this car! I just need to replace a lot of old parts. The car was built pretty well has lots of good parts on it. The fact it made 357 on 91 cali pump and water/meth mix is pretty wild considering the weight of the car. I plan to get it running then go to larger injectors and have it retuned for 93 since I live in Florida. And maybe later update the old aem ems series 1 computer to something more modern. So i can then put the car on ethanol.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:04 PM   #12
91mustang

Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed
I remember this car, seems like it was sold to someone, last I remember from what happened to it. I think I was going to buy something from his shop but he closed it up
91mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 08:52 AM   #13
WeeYari

Car arriving in Florida a little over 9 years ago.
https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49052
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230202_084838_com.android.chrome.jpg (97.5 KB, 101 views)
Old 02-02-2023, 09:59 AM   #14
youtube.com/KARR

Oh very cool to see!
Old 02-02-2023, 12:05 PM   #15
sh0rtlife

this whole thing reminds me of a street bike i bought only to find various bits of its history on a motorcycle forum for kawasaki's ..very cool when you get the "previous life" of a rig as a bonus after buying it
Old 02-02-2023, 06:26 PM   #16
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
WOW. this was a trip down memory lane, but it also made me sad to see it that way.

This car was a little beast. I actually had the pleasure of doing a few autoX passes on it. LOVED the coilovers on it.

Was with him on several autoX runs, and even one or two drag days. Car could scoot. I almost bought it when he offered it up to me! But I was short like....the asking price.

I'm sure i still have video of it's anti-lag! Search YT for "anti-lag yaris" - it may pop up.

The engine was built by (forget the names) the guy who built engines, including for one very fast Scion gal back in the day. She was a big name back then. Forged pistons, and rods. Lots of one-off parts if i recall.

Nice score. Please post pics when it's cleaned up!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:02 AM   #17
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
this whole thing reminds me of a street bike i bought only to find various bits of its history on a motorcycle forum for kawasaki's ..very cool when you get the "previous life" of a rig as a bonus after buying it
Yeah all vehicles have a story, some are just way cooler than others! haha

Its cool that history of this car exist online so far my favorite thing about the car.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:12 AM   #18
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
WOW. this was a trip down memory lane, but it also made me sad to see it that way.

This car was a little beast. I actually had the pleasure of doing a few autoX passes on it. LOVED the coilovers on it.

Was with him on several autoX runs, and even one or two drag days. Car could scoot. I almost bought it when he offered it up to me! But I was short like....the asking price.

I'm sure i still have video of it's anti-lag! Search YT for "anti-lag yaris" - it may pop up.

The engine was built by (forget the names) the guy who built engines, including for one very fast Scion gal back in the day. She was a big name back then. Forged pistons, and rods. Lots of one-off parts if i recall.

Nice score. Please post pics when it's cleaned up!
I thought it would be cool to share the car here since it had a presence on this forum. I have been ordering parts for it to get it in order. I haven't even washed it yet. I may do some videos on the car on my channel maybe not sure yet.

From the research I did on this group you are right. The husband Arthur Armendariz drag racer Leslie Durst Armendariz is who built the engine. And he did post on this forum some. I did try to reach out to him on FB a week ago but didnt get a reply yet. Maybe he will maybe he wont who knows.

The biggest question I have about the car is why the Jax florida guy who bought it abandoned it!

I was able to look at the udder racing FB page and in one pic it shows the mileage on the car. 30,472.

Garm told me over the phone when he sold the car the built motor maybe only had 1000 or so miles on it. Yes race miles but still thats very low on the engine build itself.

I did check the mileage on the car when i first got it but i cant remember what it was. I know it was almost the same. I am gonna go out to the shop sometime today and hook up a battery and see what the current mileage is.

Tags
1nzfe, cali_yaris, garm, microimage, turbo