Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
sauruman

Drives: 1990 Honda Accord
is the yaris for me?

Hi ive been in the market for a new/used car for a couple of months now. Originally i was considering a wide variety of car companies, especially european cars but recently i decided that reliability is probably the number 1 requirement for me so i decided to stick with either a honda or toyota. This significantly narrowed down my options to either a used corolla, civic, matrix, or celica. Then i discovered the yaris, and it entered my list of potential cars to buy and since it is cheap it is the only new car i can afford, most of the used cars i was looking at were in the sub 10,000 dollar price range so the yaris is a bit more expenisve. My dilema is that i don't know if the yaris is the right car for me. Basically i live in L.A. (lots of traffic) and i am considering the manual liftback since it is the cheapest. I do a lot of city driving and my commute to college is usually 30 min each day. However i am also an avid snowboarder so i go to my local mountain (about an 1hr 15min drive) practically every weekend during the season. So herein lies the first problem, the yaris is quite small and im not sure it can fit all my gear, since there are many international yaris owners on this forum perhaps you could enlighten me on the yaris' storage capacity. Naturally i would install a roof rack for my snowboard and my brother's skii's since i most often go with him. In short i need to know more information about the yaris before i make a decision (i will most likely buy a car by june). I like most things about the yaris but i want to know if the other models i listed above are more suitable for me. Thanks.
sauruman is offline   Reply With Quote