Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Do you think a tow hook, stock or custom looks good on your Yaris 24/7?
Yes 16 32.00%
No 28 56.00%
I really am undecided. 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
My Tow Hook Rant

I thought i'd wait until they had 15 people in the group buy before doing this, they have 14 and are very close. I respect that people want there rides to be different then other people. Hell, everyone on this forum has car pride and loves there Yaris be it a sedan or hatch.

But, i really see no point in a tow hook, apart for towing. Let alone paying money for a custom one. To me, it does not look sexy or sporty to have a tow hook in the front of your car. We all drive a Toyota, the maker of the most reliable cars in the world. When would we ever need to have you little Yaris towed?

It's probably never going to break down. To me, having a tow hook on the front of a Yaris makes it look like it needs to be there because the car must break down all the time.

When in reality, a Yaris would be very unlikely to break down. Having a tow hook on the front of your Yaris makes your car look cheap, inferior and riddled with so many problems that you need to leave a tow hook in the front to have it towed to the garage everyday.

This is my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way I do. However before I get a barrage of abuse in reply, I do accept that it's your car and you can do what ever you want to it.

What do you think about my comments?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote